Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

house hold striker

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Well i was there, i asked a football related question and i still think your question was a stupid bloody question. If by 'household name' you mean known in 99 per cent of households around the world, wha planet are you on, if however you mean household as in known by most football supporting households in the uk i would say CMS is. Was that question some kind of moan, it was plain embarrassing. Harping on about how long you have supported the club does not make your question less moronic

probably want us to sign m .owen pay him £60,000 a week ? and the club end up in the shit again:facepalm:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Looking at your location, perhaps CMS is a household name! Yes great player, knows where the net is and a great signing, but not , in my opinion, a household name. Please, unless you have a sensible retort, suggest you stop personally insulting me. I am a true supporter , did you ask any questions , by the way or just go for a piss-take with all the other cronies at the back ?

I live in Sompting, I just havent bothered to change it from 2 odd years ago but great come back though...zzzzzzzzzzz.

Who in your opinion is a house hold name that you seem to have been expecting?

As for personally insulting you, you embarrassed yourself and made me ashamed of our fans as a group lastnight by disrespecting our chairman and manager by your naive question. It just goes to show the unrealistic expectations that some fans are having already.

No doubt we will hear you booing after 25 minutes because were 1-0 down.

I was ready to ask one question and one question alone, it wasnt to anyone on the panel, it was going to be to all the albion fans in the room on the back of whinging, moaning and such boring negative nonsence.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU CRETINS"

Get behind Gus, Get real, be grateful to our chairman and stop living in some fantasy land where we can land world class players. Were a club who have been playing at an athletics track for over ten years and your questioning a 3 million pound signing. I hope your near me in the ground mate, I'd give you hell for 90 minutes and that goes for anyone who starts booing or being negative.

Now support the team or piss off to the premiership and support Man United you unrealistic moron.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thankyou very much fellow supporters. I am the man who asked the question. I will put my head above the parapet only to clarify the reasoning behind it. But first, I am not a JCL, having been a supporter since the 60's when we DID sign household name strikers, I do not live in a bungalow and I am not a bellend. I asked the question because we have been drip fed statements from Gus concerning a 'household name striker' who will 'blow us away' . Much as I respect and admire CMS, Will Hoskins et all, they're not household names , neither do they have a lot of Championship goals for their cv . I also eluded to the centre half / central midfield positions, which need addressing. Gus's comment ' convinced me.trust me'
Hope that clears it up, so will take my leave of you, but not before my final point, which is, that I remained in the lounge after the forum, for some considerable time and not one dissenter on here, who was at the forum, came up to discuss my point. It only serves to convince me that you are cowards of the highest degree, smirking at me when I asked the question and hiding behind your keyboards when you returned to YOUR bungalows.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Dickhead :facepalm:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Thankyou very much fellow supporters. I am the man who asked the question. I will put my head above the parapet only to clarify the reasoning behind it. But first, I am not a JCL, having been a supporter since the 60's when we DID sign household name strikers, I do not live in a bungalow and I am not a bellend. I asked the question because we have been drip fed statements from Gus concerning a 'household name striker' who will 'blow us away' . Much as I respect and admire CMS, Will Hoskins et all, they're not household names , neither do they have a lot of Championship goals for their cv . I also eluded to the centre half / central midfield positions, which need addressing. Gus's comment ' convinced me.trust me'
Hope that clears it up, so will take my leave of you, but not before my final point, which is, that I remained in the lounge after the forum, for some considerable time and not one dissenter on here, who was at the forum, came up to discuss my point. It only serves to convince me that you are cowards of the highest degree, smirking at me when I asked the question and hiding behind your keyboards when you returned to YOUR bungalows.

You've got to be f***ing kidding me...:facepalm: CMS is a household name to those who actually engage in football league action. For the record, a few people I know who were there, have told me that it would be embarrassing to even discuss things with because you were an idiot.

And you know what they say about idiots!?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I love the fact we have Barnes and have replaced Murray with CMS and WH all 3 scored over 70 goals between them in league 1 last season-some of that will rub off in the Championship.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In all fairness it was a bloody stupid question ..... maybe they rather we were back at Gillingham without Tony's money and don't get me started about the disabled parking issue ....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
When we getting a "House Hold" stadium-American Express? bit exclusive isn't it.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Feel a bit sorry for the lad to be honest, He just asked a question that he wanted answering. I thought that is what these kind of things are for. Hes a Brighton supporter ffs.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Forums can bring the worst out of some. Not interested in this type of non humorous bullying. So what if you think his question made him sound like a idiot. And your post makes you sound like idiot too. And mine makes me one. Jeez so what. Wow what a world where we can all be idiots. HAA HAA idiots the lot of us!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
so in todays Argus 29/07/11 head lines on the sports page reads

Gus chasing top striker

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bergkamp is a household name and we signed him. don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here