Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

house hold striker

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Why are people giving him grief? He's only asking a question that most of us want to know the answer to. Fans forum gives the fans a chance to find out what they want to know, I don't know how it came across and maybe he couldve worded it better but still it's something we'd all like to know the answer to.

Thankyou very much fellow supporters. I am the man who asked the question. I will put my head above the parapet only to clarify the reasoning behind it. But first, I am not a JCL, having been a supporter since the 60's when we DID sign household name strikers, I do not live in a bungalow and I am not a bellend. I asked the question because we have been drip fed statements from Gus concerning a 'household name striker' who will 'blow us away' . Much as I respect and admire CMS, Will Hoskins et all, they're not household names , neither do they have a lot of Championship goals for their cv . I also eluded to the centre half / central midfield positions, which need addressing. Gus's comment ' convinced me.trust me'
Hope that clears it up, so will take my leave of you, but not before my final point, which is, that I remained in the lounge after the forum, for some considerable time and not one dissenter on here, who was at the forum, came up to discuss my point. It only serves to convince me that you are cowards of the highest degree, smirking at me when I asked the question and hiding behind your keyboards when you returned to YOUR bungalows.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thankyou very much fellow supporters. I am the man who asked the question. I will put my head above the parapet only to clarify the reasoning behind it. But first, I am not a JCL, having been a supporter since the 60's when we DID sign household name strikers, I do not live in a bungalow and I am not a bellend. I asked the question because we have been drip fed statements from Gus concerning a 'household name striker' who will 'blow us away' . Much as I respect and admire CMS, Will Hoskins et all, they're not household names , neither do they have a lot of Championship goals for their cv . I also eluded to the centre half / central midfield positions, which need addressing. Gus's comment ' convinced me.trust me'
Hope that clears it up, so will take my leave of you, but not before my final point, which is, that I remained in the lounge after the forum, for some considerable time and not one dissenter on here, who was at the forum, came up to discuss my point. It only serves to convince me that you are cowards of the highest degree, smirking at me when I asked the question and hiding behind your keyboards when you returned to YOUR bungalows.

I guess it's an opinions world, I think CMS is a household name in terms of the reality of the type of player we are able to attract and with CMS we have gone above and beyond that in my opinion.

I personally was jumping around the room at his signing, weve signed a player most sides outside the prem would want in their starting 11 and even some prem sides were enquiring. He scored 35 goals last season and everyone was talking about him for god sake!

What seriously are you expecting? Are you one of these brighton fans who believes the nonsence about Owen or Heskey or Forlan, because I think some fans have lost reality over the fact we have a new stadium, im not saying you have but come on mate.

If you havent been blown away by CMS signing then you will have a long time to wait until things get you excited, if you saw today we obviously missed out on Aguero in your mind!!

I was at the forum and I dont know if you heard me shout, "DONT ANSWER IT GUS, ITS A JOKE"

I couldnt work out who or where the question came from, but I was embarrased to be an albion fan in that room and your question was quite ridiculous and a joke. The look on Bloom and Poyet's face, I really dont know how you had the nerve, your quite obviously in a dream world!

In regards to talking to you after or hiding or whatever, I didnt see where you were exactly and to be honest for such a ridiculous and silly question to ask, Im not sure I could have number one kept calm around you or held a sensible conversation with you.

In my mind fans like you give this club a bad name.

Last edited:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I hate all this knocking people for daring to ask a question. Others may think it a silly question, but to him it wasn't. Last night was a face to face forum and this is an on-line version/message board. If people feel intimidated to ask questions/put points across, then the fans forum will be poorer for it and so for that matter this board.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

My apologies Blues Rock DJ. I didn't mean to personally offend you. It was just an annoying forum to listen to and some of the questions seemed ridiculous. You have every right to ask and i have no right to outwardly condescend or mock. If anything, i am more the bellend for foolishly labelling you it.
I wouldn't mind living in a bungalow really either.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I hate all this knocking people for daring to ask a question. Others may think it a silly question, but to him it wasn't. Last night was a face to face forum and this is an on-line version/message board. If people feel intimidated to ask questions/put points across, then the fans forum will be poorer for it and so for that matter this board.

What even if the question is quite frankly disrespectful to the manager and chairman?

If thats what a forum is about then we should have asked Tony Bloom, when he's going to build a state of the art stadium as Amex is a little small.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
I guess it's an opinions world, I think CMS is a household name in terms of the reality of the type of player we are able to attract and with CMS we have gone above and beyond that in my opinion.

I personally was jumping around the room at his signing, weve signed a player most sides outside the prem would want in their starting 11 and even some prem sides were enquiring. He scored 35 goals last season and everyone was talking about him for god sake!

What seriously are you expecting? Are you one of these brighton fans who believes the nonsence about Owen or Heskey or Forlan, because I think some fans have lost reality over the fact we have a new stadium, im not saying you have but come on mate.

If you havent been blown away by CMS signing then you will have a long time to wait until things get you excited, if you saw today we obviously missed out on Aguero in your mind!!

I was at the forum and I dont know if you heard me shout, "DONT ANSWER IT GUS, ITS A JOKE"

I couldnt work out who or where the question came from, but I was embarrased to be an albion fan in that room and your question was quite ridiculous and a joke. The look on Bloom and Poyet's face, I really dont know how you had the nerve, your quite obviously in a dream world!

In regards to talking to you after or hiding or whatever, I didnt see where you were exactly and to be honest for such a ridiculous and silly question to ask, Im not sure I could have number one kept calm around you or held a sensible conversation with you.

yep:blush:

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I think it depends on how much you want to interpret the saying "household name"

In the dictionary it is defined as .....

noun
a person or thing that is well known by the public:
I'd like to sell gazillions of books and become a household name

Based on that, then CMS is not a household name but is a name well known in the footballing world, but not necesarilly to Joe Public and a wider non footballing audience.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

sweet jesus. i really really really hope you aren't sitting anywhere near me on Saturday. tool.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Has Gus ever used the term "household name?" I recall him talking of the possibility of a "special" striker and how we would try and compete should one become available and he recently talked of players that would get the city "excited." If getting CM-S under the noses of WHU and Leicester for £2.5 MILLION doesn't excite you then not much will tbh. As for dissenters I only listened on the radio but it sounded like plenty of people aired their views while you were speaking? I doubt I'd seek out a stranger to discuss their view after a forum either, what's the point? That said, as I have commented previously, internet insults are fairly unhelpful and you are entitled to your view, however much I disagree with it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
he will clean up in this league:albion2:

:laugh::laugh: Seriously you do wonder if some people bother to engage their brains before opening their mouths. The real tragedy is that I'm sure that these ignorant idiots think they're right.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I heard we were after a pair by the names of Bryant and May :whistle:

Ok I'll get my coat.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Looking at your location, perhaps CMS is a household name! Yes great player, knows where the net is and a great signing, but not , in my opinion, a household name. Please, unless you have a sensible retort, suggest you stop personally insulting me. I am a true supporter , did you ask any questions , by the way or just go for a piss-take with all the other cronies at the back ?

Sep 1, 2010
Well i was there, i asked a football related question and i still think your question was a stupid bloody question. If by 'household name' you mean known in 99 per cent of households around the world, wha planet are you on, if however you mean household as in known by most football supporting households in the uk i would say CMS is. Was that question some kind of moan, it was plain embarrassing. Harping on about how long you have supported the club does not make your question less moronic

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Looking at your location, perhaps CMS is a household name! Yes great player, knows where the net is and a great signing, but not , in my opinion, a household name. Please, unless you have a sensible retort, suggest you stop personally insulting me. I am a true supporter , did you ask any questions , by the way or just go for a piss-take with all the other cronies at the back ?

Sorry fella I don't mean to insult you but you came across as a cock of the highest order last night and you have said nothing to change my mind!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here