Houdini act

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don;t forget Houdini died :nono: :rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats was LDC are wanting and if this drags on for another 8 years who knows. 95% of clubs who have been what we have for the last 10 years would have folded by now.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Uncle Spielberg said:
Thats was LDC are wanting and if this drags on for another 8 years who knows. 95% of clubs who have been what we have for the last 10 years would have folded by now.
So it`s a credit to your supporters for keeping you alfloat then.

LDC. Why would they want that???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Then they wouldn;t have nasty football fans running riot in the Lewes area and urinating in the Falmer pond before and after the games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Rest assured I am supporting every one that plays the Scum as much as I do the Albion , With my will .... you will not go up.

How did you get on on Saturday :lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Uncle Spielberg said:
Then they wouldn;t have nasty football fans running riot in the Lewes area and urinating in the Falmer pond before and after the games.
So tell them Palace wont be playing you for at least another 10 years.:D

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest LDC would see us die rather than build at falmer. But to be fair (and I hate to say it) but if it wasnt being built there (say waterhall or sheepcote valley) they wouldnt give a toss.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Dougal said:
Rest assured I am supporting every one that plays the Scum as much as I do the Albion , With my will .... you will not go up.

How did you get on on Saturday :lolol:
We lost to a last minute penalty at Derby. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! :lolol: :bounce: Who cares we`ll be in the play offs.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Croydonbloke said:
We lost to a last minute penalty at Derby. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! :lolol: :bounce: Who cares we`ll be in the play offs.

I do because the only consistent thing about our performances this season has been the inconsistency! Win at Leeds Tuesday, lose at Derby 4 days later! Ridiculous, any team going into the Play-Offs needs momentum, we have 6 games to find that momentum or it could end in tears.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
AJ's Love Monkey said:
I do because the only consistent thing about our performances this season has been the inconsistency! Win at Leeds Tuesday, lose at Derby 4 days later! Ridiculous, any team going into the Play-Offs needs momentum, we have 6 games to find that momentum or it could end in tears.
Actually I agree. I was trying to put a brave face on it all AJLM. I also can not believe we threw this one away but it`s typical Palace and we know what to expect.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
AJ's Love Monkey said:

Fair comment AJLM. I have resigned myself to what will undoubtedly befall us. I think CB may be wishing a season of misery for you guys if you go up. That is unless you can find a major investor.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Perry Milkins said:
Fair comment AJLM. I have resigned myself to what will undoubtedly befall us. I think CB may be wishing a season of misery for you guys if you go up. That is unless you can find a major investor.

To be honest Perry i dont think money is a major issue at Palace, Jordan only spent £5m on players last time we were there so its not as if he stretched us financially. And to be fair we were 7 minutes away from staying up so i dont see why it would be a season of misery IF we happen to get back up again. In fact i sincerely hope Dowie and Jordan learn from their mistakes last time and actually keep us there this time.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
If you look at Birmingham for example with the amount of money Bruce has spent there if they go down they could face some serious financial doo doo, Heskey, Pennant, Melchiot, Sutton etc all on big wages and if no one wants them just sit in the Championship and pick those wages up week in week out. That is what cripples clubs its not the actual transfer fees for players its their extortianate wages they have to pay them.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
AJ's Love Monkey said:
To be honest Perry i dont think money is a major issue at Palace, Jordan only spent £5m on players last time we were there so its not as if he stretched us financially. And to be fair we were 7 minutes away from staying up so i dont see why it would be a season of misery IF we happen to get back up again. In fact i sincerely hope Dowie and Jordan learn from their mistakes last time and actually keep us there this time.

Fair do's. I am just saddened by the fact that realistically it would take a miracle for most clubs to compete with the major players. At least in this league 1 we can compete and have have something to work towards.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Perry Milkins said:
Fair do's. I am just saddened by the fact that realistically it would take a miracle for most clubs to compete with the major players. At least in this league 1 we can compete and have have something to work towards.

Dont get me wrong Palace cant compete for the real big players for the simple reason we are not an established Premiership club, look at Bolton they attracted Okocha, Campo etc when they had stayed up for 3 or 4 seasons then the quality players are more likely to sign for your club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here