Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thank Christ for that. The best 2 fullbacks Jara & Tano are back; with the woeful at this level (no pace), Painter & Calderon out.

Wait a minute, I sense a new NSC scapegoat being prepared.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Calderon isn't slow, and has been decent this season for us.

Please don't let a few random facts affect the progress of an NSC bandwagon that has just started rolling. Before long all the easily led kids on here will be baying for his blood.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Please don't let a few random facts affect the progress of an NSC bandwagon that has just started rolling. Before long all the easily led kids on here will be baying for his blood.

Yep, I've noticed this recently too. Gives Painter a bit of a break though. Unfairly, considering there is grounds for questioning Painter's ability at this level. Personally, I don't see the criticism of Calderon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Calderon was poor on Tuesday. Anyone suggesting otherwise is either lying, stupid or was not at Derby.

That aside, I still love the chap dearly :thumbsup:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
we really need to reflect on how much we loved calde when he arrived before starting to slate him. i understand criticism on his game in the championship but frankly all such chatter needs to be preceded by any of these approved phrases: 'i hate to say it but, i love calde millions but, calde is still f***ing amazing and i still want his babies but'

how we can even consider starting to get on calde's back after how much we creamed over him and his contributions to our promotion (invaluable in GOALS from fb as we all know) last season. seriously don't even f***ing try it nsc you bunch of fickle c**ts

(rude jibe only applies to anyone who has dared to forget what calde means to us REAL FANS)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Our full backs are both good enough for a mid-table championship side. Hoskins, however, seems to be a sick-note. At least Painter plays.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Calderon was poor on Tuesday. Anyone suggesting otherwise is either lying, stupid or was not at Derby.

That aside, I still love the chap dearly :thumbsup:

Agree, he had a nightmare, but then again he was up against Ward who has roasted many a right back this season...

Then again, I also saw him at Birmingham at Centre Back and he was fantastic... so one bad game doesnt make he crap at this level, and neither does one very good game make him a Championship marvel.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
hove born&bred said:
Also if Harley is out then someone else is in!!!

No f***ing shit Sherlock, I thought we'd start with just 10 players if Harley was out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yeh I just don't like Harley. I agree he played better last Sat and had a good game but i hate bottlers and he is a massive bottler who seems to have a shit billy big balls attitude and thinks he's a lot better then he is.

I dont get that, Unless you spend time around the player how would you know that he's got an attitude of thinking he's a lot better than he is?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I dont get that, Unless you spend time around the player how would you know that he's got an attitude of thinking he's a lot better than he is?

I would guess its because of the way he conducts himself, also he did make a few comments when he joined Swansea saying he was as good if not better than the players they already had.

Difficult one for me personally, looks like he doesn't care but I just think that's his style. Has improved recently although didnt think he was great on Tuesday night. I wouldn't play him in a midfield three like tues night and would much prefer to see someone like Sparrow fill that role. In a midfield four he would still get the nod for me at the moment

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
This is a squad that's finding its feet at this level and will thrive on confidence.

If you don't think players like Harley, Calderon and Painter are up to it, let Gus worry about that when the transfer window opens.

In the meantime, can we please stop slagging players off either online or at the games as it helps nobody and will certainly not generate the performance you want.

There's a bloke behind me who moans about Harley before he even kicks the ball.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree, he had a nightmare, but then again he was up against Ward who has roasted many a right back this season...

Then again, I also saw him at Birmingham at Centre Back and he was fantastic... so one bad game doesnt make he crap at this level, and neither does one very good game make him a Championship marvel.

Well, quite.

And I agree that those claiming he is "shit" or "not up to it" is a knee-jerk spanner.

People ARE entitled to state FACTS when he has a poor game though...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the lively fella on their left also assisted in Calde's display, but I wasn't there.
Although I do agree with you HKFC, re Harley.
I've set myself to study him today with an open mind, as my opinions from last week were beginning to go against the tide.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Calderon - one iffy game when he was not fully fit and he's slaughtered - Jeeeeeees!!!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Thanks Trig ;)

Yeh I just don't like Harley. I agree he played better last Sat and had a good game but i hate bottlers and he is a massive bottler who seems to have a shit billy big balls attitude and thinks he's a lot better then he is. He also takes way too long on the ball at times. Just my opinion though, i'd only be glad if he misses tommorow cos i'd rather Vicente or even Sparrow in there.

PS - Would LOVE Harley to prove me wrong - but can't see it.

Seem to remember a lot of people talking about Muzza like that...........:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here