Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins vs Hull?

Well?

• Fence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just wondering whether people think he should start next Saturday? Or whether we should stick with Barnes and CMS?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It says in the Argus this morning that he may play along with Navarro, and Cook in the reserves match at Bournemouth next week. So assuming he comes through that he may well get a start against Hull.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like to see Hoskins start against Hull. He wouldn't have to play the entire 90 minutes. Barnes could replace him in the second half.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that if we are to continue playing the way we do that he should start anmd would be a success with CMS having seen them togther pre season. But and there is a but I would still like to see a big striker brought in to sit on he bench as a Plan B if Plan A isn't working. I do not see Hoskins as a replacement for that man in plan B or to use Barnes in that role.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think that if we are to continue playing the way we do that he should start anmd would be a success with CMS having seen them togther pre season. But and there is a but I would still like to see a big striker brought in to sit on he bench as a Plan B if Plan A isn't working. I do not see Hoskins as a replacement for that man in plan B or to use Barnes in that role.
Agreed about the target man. I just think Hoskins may bring a bit more pace to our attacking play than Barnes

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Hoskins and CMS will work wonders. He is a naturally gifted player and a predator in front of goal. He scored 20 goals for a team that got relegated. What can he achieve with Vicente sitting behind him. With him and hopefully Buckley back things can only get much better

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think scoring goals has been the real issue for us, it's getting the midfield balance sorted and getting the full backs better defensively that will make the biggest difference to us. So to some extent I don't think it matters which two of Hoskins, Barnes and CMS start

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY

I agree with this but watching CMS body language he is getting increasingly frustrated at the lack of supply from midfield and our inability to hold up the ball.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Yes lets drop our top goalscorer and replace him with someone who has not played a whole game all season :facepalm:

I think you will find that scoring goals has not really been the problem, why not have a go at the midfield who's (bridcutt apart) ineffectivness has meant that Barnesy has had to come to come deeper than Greer just to get the ball

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Yes lets drop our top goalscorer and replace him with someone who has not played a whole game all season :facepalm:

I think you will find that scoring goals has not really been the problem, why not have a go at the midfield who's (bridcutt apart) ineffectivness has meant that Barnesy has had to come to come deeper than Greer just to get the ball

So when does he get a game then? Yes Barnes is our top scorer and I am not slagging him off at all, but in open play this season he has scored 3 goals. Hoskins alongside CMS in a 4-4-2 formation will score more goals.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Here we go again. What is it with Barnes with some of you lot? He's been excellent and unlike Hoskins is useful as a defender as well as a striker.

What's the point of changing the forwards if the midfield is going to fall to pieces every time the oppo gets amongst them like Palace and Ipswich did? CMS had no service and Barnes had to drop back into midfield to help out.

Lets concentrate on getting Dicker or Harley playing or replace them before we raise expectations for Barnes and CMS as a partnership.

Right now the only way I would be ok with Barnes being dropped would be to add another holding midfielder and play CMS, Noone and Buckley up front.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So when does he get a game then? Yes Barnes is our top scorer and I am not slagging him off at all, but in open play this season he has scored 3 goals. Hoskins alongside CMS in a 4-4-2 formation will score more goals.

Based on what?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Here we go again. What is it with Barnes with some of you lot? He's been excellent and unlike Hoskins is useful as a defender as well as a striker.

What's the point of changing the forwards if the midfield is going to fall to pieces every time the oppo gets amongst them like Palace and Ipswich did? CMS had no service and Barnes had to drop back into midfield to help out.

Lets concentrate on getting Dicker or Harley playing or replace them before we raise expectations for Barnes and CMS as a partnership.

Right now the only way I would be ok with Barnes being dropped would be to add another holding midfielder and play CMS, Noone and Buckley up front.

I'm not slagging him off (I said that), I just wanna see Hoskins play. That is all !

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

He will have to wait until one of them gets injured, we play a full 4-3-3 or he does so well off the bench that he cant be ignored.

If you look at the top 10 league scorers so far in the Championship we are the only team to have both strikers in there so that hardly reflects a partnership that is struggling, like I said the problems lie elsewhere at the moment.

At every other club in the country if you had a 21 year old striker who scored 20+ goals last season and had already got 7 this season he would be a hero but not on here, I am not quite sure what more he has to do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here