Hoskins vs Hull?

Well?

• Fence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
He will have to wait until one of them gets injured, we play a full 4-3-3 or he does so well off the bench that he cant be ignored.

If you look at the top 10 league scorers so far in the Championship we are the only team to have both strikers in there so that hardly reflects a partnership that is struggling, like I said the problems lie elsewhere at the moment.

At every other club in the country if you had a 21 year old striker who scored 20+ goals last season and had already got 7 this season he would be a hero but not on here, I am not quite sure what more he has to do!

Do you know what Cullip, I agree with everything you and Oscar have said. For a 21 yr old to score 7 goals already in a level that he has never played at before speaks volumes. It is a shame he has had to drop deep so much, cos I'm sure he could have had a couple more. All I'm saying is, I wanna see Hoskins play, and I guess you're right, I'll have to wait. Would be very very harsh on Barnes if he was dropped, Harley, Dicker and Painter are surely the first 3 facing the chop........but that's another thread.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Here we go again. What is it with Barnes with some of you lot? He's been excellent and unlike Hoskins is useful as a defender as well as a striker.

What's the point of changing the forwards if the midfield is going to fall to pieces every time the oppo gets amongst them like Palace and Ipswich did? CMS had no service and Barnes had to drop back into midfield to help out.

Lets concentrate on getting Dicker or Harley playing or replace them before we raise expectations for Barnes and CMS as a partnership.

Right now the only way I would be ok with Barnes being dropped would be to add another holding midfielder and play CMS, Noone and Buckley up front.

Oh please, sure some of the Barnes bashing is unfair, but there are just as many people out there who will refuse to even acknowledge he has any bad areas at all, so he's Messi?

Hoskin's link up play when I've seen him has looked much better than Barnes, who really does not contribute much at all defensively, not sure where that idea's come from.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Oh please, sure some of the Barnes bashing is unfair, but there are just as many people out there who will refuse to even acknowledge he has any bad areas at all, so he's Messi?

Hoskin's link up play when I've seen him has looked much better than Barnes, who really does not contribute much at all defensively, not sure where that idea's come from.

I don't think ANY of our players are the finished article. They all have bad areas but Barnes seems to get a lot of flack. Sometimes it's deserved but not now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd like to see him play, but who knows with fitness and how training goes etc. I'd have liked to see more radical changes to the team against Ipswich, whether it would have made any difference who knows, but with a break maybe we can come back to form with the team that was doing well before the last three or four games.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Here we go again. What is it with Barnes with some of you lot? He's been excellent and unlike Hoskins is useful as a defender as well as a striker.

What's the point of changing the forwards if the midfield is going to fall to pieces every time the oppo gets amongst them like Palace and Ipswich did? CMS had no service and Barnes had to drop back into midfield to help out.

Lets concentrate on getting Dicker or Harley playing or replace them before we raise expectations for Barnes and CMS as a partnership.

Right now the only way I would be ok with Barnes being dropped would be to add another holding midfielder and play CMS, Noone and Buckley up front.

Some bloody sense on this board at last!!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm not giving Barnes any flack...In fact I think he's an incredible prospect but alot of people need to remember he is only 21 and still needs to be nurtured into the finished article.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm not giving Barnes any flack...In fact I think he's an incredible prospect but alot of people need to remember he is only 21 and still needs to be nurtured into the finished article.

Not sure if dropping him while giving his all, playing well and being top scorer is the best way to nurture him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Completely agree. Barnes contributes very little if at all defensively imo... Obviously it's easy to look lazy alongside CMS but he doesn't seem to track back very much if at all unless it's a corner etc.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Its obvious that Hoskins & CMS were signed to play together & the signs of an awesome strike combo were there in pre-season (Burgess Hill)
Even though Barnes is our top scorer this shouldn't be a reason to not change the team. Last season Elphick & El-Abd looked great together at the back but Gus signed Greer as our captain & number one centre back so he made the call & replaced Elphick with him.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'd stick with Barnes and CMS. maybe bring him on if we're not getting anywhere.

ERRRRR!

Were not getting anywhere or havent you been watching. _ Barnes is shockingly bad for this division. Hoskins with one leg please!!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
ERRRRR!

Were not getting anywhere or havent you been watching. _ Barnes is shockingly bad for this division. Hoskins with one leg please!!!

We've got ourselves to 5th in the league?! And yes, I have been watching. Barnes is the 4th highest scorer in the Championship, not bad for someone who is 'shockingly bad'.

I don't think our recent drop in form has anything to do with our strikers and more to do with our lack of ball winners in the center of the park. But what do I know.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We've got ourselves to 5th in the league?! And yes, I have been watching. Barnes is the 4th highest scorer in the Championship, not bad for someone who is 'shockingly bad'.

I don't think our recent drop in form has anything to do with our strikers and more to do with our lack of ball winners in the center of the park. But what do I know.

Penalty takers generally get themselves high on the goalscoring list for some odd reason, cant think why that is.

Barnes looks out of his depth in the championship. He doesnt appear to have the required quality which this division demands. The Brag of "were 5th in the League" is naive to say the least. Thats gonna change unless we change some of the current personnel on the pitch, which includes Barnes im loathed to say.

I dont want this to be the case, obviously, but we need players who can compete well in this league. IMHO

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
At every other club in the country if you had a 21 year old striker who scored 20+ goals last season and had already got 7 this season he would be a hero but not on here, I am not quite sure what more he has to do!

Find some pace, learn how to hold the ball up, be more clinical in his finishing.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Havn't voted. The issue for me is defence. Hoskins will get his chance, although not been a Barnes fan, he holds the shirt and is contributing with goals (inc pens though, which is good for a change!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here