seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bad luck for Hoskins , he will have to make yet another comeback

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Not jumping on a bandwagon here, I don't like slagging off players but Dicker simply isn't good enough. Was great in league 1, but definitely not championship standard. Get rid along with Painter and Ankergren.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Nothing to do with Hoskins, but the occasional value of Dicker does not outweigh the majority of times that he is distinctly average and/or rather poor.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
We can't expect to bring quality players in when half our wage budget is being swallowed up by players like Dicker. Sorry but Tony isn't mad!

Not once has Gus said that he needs to offload anyone before he can bring anyone else in. All his talk is about trying to bring in the two priority players, not the difficulty in moving players on first.

Also, it could easily end up with a situation similar to Palace, move a load of players on but then the star signing fails to materialise and the squad is thread bare and they are talking of having to look at loan signings to cover gaps.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Not jumping on a bandwagon here, I don't like slagging off players but Dicker simply isn't good enough. Was great in league 1, but definitely not championship standard. Get rid along with Painter and Ankergren.

Yeah, Painter is definitely not up to it. Vincelot is a very good cover.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shit news . Got to say sick note as harsh as that is. Cant rely on him unfortunately . The need for a striker increases

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Bloody shame but he will still come good this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hardly had an injury before he came he did he? Shame,I was looking forward to seeing him when fully fit, not sure he's played more than two or three games for us without getting an injury? Seems a bit jinxed.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Big shame, was thinking that the new striker wasn't such a priority given his form and how good Toby is looking. Going to force Gus's hand somewhat, can't go into the season with just 2 experienced strikers.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
At least it is a a bone break rather than the more complicated, especially in the long run, muscle/ligament/tendon injuries

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
whilst I trust gus and the team with signings I do think this means we have to act sooner rather than later as regards a striker signing. I believe we may have gone into the season with our current strike force whilst the negotiations continued for the key forward but with Hoskins now out and doubts over M-smith fitness we would be seriously short in that area come start of the season. Need to press on now with finishing the search.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shame, I think he'll do well for us once he gets past this jinx.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Disapointing, has looked good pre season and the few times he has had a run out for us. Could be alot worse for him i guess.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With CMS struggling for fitness, who will play up front versus Chelsea?

Barnes and Toby?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Unbelieveable, just the same as last year, a promising pre-season and then a severe injury, the poor lad is cursed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here