Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins out for 6 weeks

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's because dicker is shite that's all:)

Hmm. Did you watch him in League One and last season up until his injury Berkshire? He may not be one of our best players but he is not shite!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
We REALLY need signings and soon. What's more, I started a thread 3-4 weeks ago about shifting out players that were not good enough for this league and was told to calm down, weeks left etc etc...
Well, if we have hopes for promotion we need to act fast. Poor Hoskins though, I was hoping it was his time!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
We REALLY need signings and soon. What's more, I started a thread 3-4 weeks ago about shifting out players that were not good enough for this league and was told to calm down, weeks left etc etc...
Well, if we have hopes for promotion we need to act fast. Poor Hoskins though, I was hoping it was his time!

I've got a small hunch that Gus may just be working on getting one or two players in, just a hunch mind.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really?? What about the players on our wage bill who are not Championship standard? Got a cocky answer for that too?

It's a bit silly saying we need to act fast when Gus has been working for months to get the right players in.

We'll only get rid of the ones who aren't up to standard if someone puts in an offer for them. Even then Gus rates them so will probably wait till their contracts expire, like Navarro. What difference does that make to anything anyway?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's a bit silly saying we need to act fast when Gus has been working for months to get the right players in.

We'll only get rid of the ones who aren't up to standard if someone puts in an offer for them. Even then Gus rates them so will probably wait till their contracts expire, like Navarro. What difference does that make to anything anyway?

So transfer listing players is a myth? What do you mean does that make a difference anyway? Does what make a difference anyway? I'd go as far to say that having half a squad that are not good enough equals non promotion, do you think differently?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So transfer listing players is a myth? What do you mean does that make a difference anyway? Does what make a difference anyway? I'd go as far to say that having half a squad that are not good enough equals non promotion, do you think differently?

I mean that keeping those squad players here isn't stopping Gus bringing in new players are they? If Gus finds a better midfielder, he's not going to turn it down because we haven't sold Gary Dicker.

I'm not really sure there is such a thing as an actual transfer list, but if there is how do you know who is or isn't on there? Gus may have half a dozen players on there.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I mean that keeping those squad players here isn't stopping Gus bringing in new players are they? If Gus finds a better midfielder, he's not going to turn it down because we haven't sold Gary Dicker.

I'm not really sure there is such a thing as an actual transfer list, but if there is how do you know who is or isn't on there? Gus may have half a dozen players on there.

We can't expect to bring quality players in when half our wage budget is being swallowed up by players like Dicker. Sorry but Tony isn't mad!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I love Dicker, but no sentiment in football. Get rid and move on or risk being left behind and I'm sorry but we need shot of the driftwood it's as simple as that

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Damn I had hopes for Hoskins this season.

Not sure why some are so vitriolic about Dicker? Do you think he meant it? - must be NSCers from our junior branch?
A lot of people have short memories, poor judgement of a football game, and are easily led.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Poor Hoskins. Unlucky with injury rather than injury prone though.

I don't think we need to ship anyone out. I'd much rather have Dicker, Painter, Harley and any other names people want to get rid of, but I'd rather have them than a few hundred thousand being one player worse off.

We can't expect to bring quality players in when half our wage budget is being swallowed up by players like Dicker. Sorry but Tony isn't mad!

Not sure if serious.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
and someone recently said it is about time this lad had a break...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Hmm. Did you watch him in League One and last season up until his injury Berkshire? He may not be one of our best players but he is not shite!

Totaly agree. Why people have to jump on the bandwagon and slag certain players off I'll never understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here