Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrific accident on M25

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
dougdeep said:
If it has a tacho you are legally obliged to use it. The digital ones become law soon, so heaven help us.
Except Agricultural vehicle's carrying livestock or public service Vehicles eg gas water electric and also route buses

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have just seen the pictures of the cab on the news.

Incredibly, if you've seen it, one man survived it and is in hospital.

Will be a miracle if (let's all hope) he's ok, it's unbelievable to think anybody would have escaped from that alive.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Beach Hut said:
130 kph as opposed to 130 mph you were possibly doing

I did the Bullrun rally from London to Ibiza a couple of years ago, and on a number of occasions clocked 170MPH (with more peddle to push) on the French motorways. Was truly frightening.

The drivers had a neat little stash of cash to pay the fines, cos they knew that they wouldn't get points on their licences.

The Bullrun was safer than the Gumball, however. There was no undertaking, cutting people up etc, it was pretty sensible stuff (if going 170MPH can ever be considered sensible.)

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
dougdeep said:
I'm not taking sides but recent figures have shown that as much as 80% of Eastern European lorries are not fit to be on the roads.

There is nothing better than a spurious statistic used in isolation on which to base an arguement.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Dougal said:
first 3 pages of this thread are a disgrace.

Thoughts with those families this will effect , so close to home as well , Chances are someone will know of them from here

Concurred...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tubthumper said:
There is nothing better than a spurious statistic used in isolation on which to base an arguement.

Which argument? ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
DannyBhoy said:

It was a fair point - absolutely no need for that sort of comment from Algie, when people have been killed and using it as a platform to spout his vitriolic racist views.

I have just been informed that my first cousin was driving and crashed killing himself (best man), the groom and two best friends, back in 1980. All very sad, particularly when it is leading up to a Wedding.

I dearly hope this survivor makes it, but I doubt he will have a normal life, both physically and mentally. :(

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Dougal said:
first 3 pages of this thread are a disgrace.

Thoughts with those families this will effect , so close to home as well , Chances are someone will know of them from here

Totally agree. There are some scum on here who make me sick.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
On the news it said they were all from brighton apart from the driver..just been on a stag weekend apparently in the midlands

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barrel of Fun said:
It was a fair point - absolutely no need for that sort of comment from Algie, when people have been killed and using it as a platform to spout his vitriolic racist views.

I have just been informed that my first cousin was driving and crashed killing himself (best man), the groom and two best friends, back in 1980. All very sad, particularly when it is leading up to a Wedding.

I dearly hope this survivor makes it, but I doubt he will have a normal life, both physically and mentally. :(

I see you are jumping on the racist bandwagon like the rest of the idiots.I use the m25 daily and i've witnessed the amount of times accidents that involve lorries are more likely to be foreign then an English one.I merely stated it was a more likely to be a foreign one involved, but the do-gooders like you and Yorkie make that old chestnut claim.Paul you work in an office,i use motorways daily in my line of work.If i said it was an English driver is that ok?
English lorry drivers are propably the safest road users on our roads.Thats why i intend to become one:smokin:

pigsinspace

Aug 31, 2005
I have just been informed that my first cousin was driving and crashed killing himself (best man), the groom and two best friends, back in 1980

Wow that took a long time to be told.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
pigsinspace said:
Wow that took a long time to be told.

They are breaking it to him slowly.

E

enigma

Surprise surprise- Algie being a tosser and racist. Who would have thought it?

RIP to the victims.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
enigma said:
Surprise surprise- Algie being a tosser and racist. Who would have thought it?

RIP to the victims.

I`m not having that Algie is not a tosser.

its just too f***ing wierd to to think about,The whole life and death thing. My nephew Kevin Ball was a promising player with county league Oakwood aged 19 when he got hit by a car and died on a night out, he was just having a night out. this was over 10 years ago and there is not a day we dont think about him, my heart goes out to the families of those involved in this tragic accident this weekend.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
algie said:
I see you are jumping on the racist bandwagon like the rest of the idiots.I use the m25 daily and i've witnessed the amount of times accidents that involve lorries are more likely to be foreign then an English one.I merely stated it was a more likely to be a foreign one involved, but the do-gooders like you and Yorkie make that old chestnut claim.Paul you work in an office,i use motorways daily in my line of work.If i said it was an English driver is that ok?
English lorry drivers are propably the safest road users on our roads.Thats why i intend to become one:smokin:

Apart from the English lorry driver that was 5 times over the limit and ploughed through the central reservation killing Jo and Gemma (Two friends from Uni) instantly.

There was no need to speculate as to who caused the accident and who was at fault, when details were extremely sketchy. I am don't see myself as being a do-gooder. I pride myself in being fair and empathetic - attempting to be non-judgemental - if that makes me a do-gooder then so be it.

You have not considered that it is lorries at fault as opposed to who is driving them? Lorries will instantly get the blame, but there are a huge amount of people that are careless drivers and there is always a margin of human error that can be fatal.

In this case, it looks as though the lorry driver was not at fault in the slightest, just an unfortunate part of the crash.

Best wishes to the critical victim and I hope he pulls through.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I don't know if its been posted but I think 5 of the dead were Brighton lads!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here