Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrendous and horrid racist abuse from Albion fan behind me this afternoon ........

If the stewards and police were aware of the racism and did nothing then that's f***ing outrageous.

Chapmans The Saviour and I got ejected just for going down and telling Kenny Lunt we hoped he never plays again. We now face a ban from Albion games, while this piece of scum gets to carry on going. That's not right.

Safeway said:
If the stewards and police were aware of the racism and did nothing then that's f***ing outrageous.

Chapmans The Saviour and I got ejected just for going down and telling Kenny Lunt we hoped he never plays again. We now face a ban from Albion games, while this piece of scum gets to carry on going. That's not right.
I think the police work to a set of rules that are exactly the same as those that applied to nudity on the stage in the 1940s.

You can do/say whatever you want as long as YOU DON'T MOVE.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Zeitgeist said:
who probably goes around telling everyone "I'm not racist, but".......

Yeah those ones are the worst. My favourite is "I'm not racist, but I don't believe in mixed marriages". Err, why? If everyone got married to someone of the opposite colour and had half-cast kids then racism would eventually not exist.

Mona - you're a f***ing imbecile. And you read The Daily Mail. f*** off to another website.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's bang out seeing as me and another were ejected for doing pretty much nothing.

Also, just after the 3rd goal when everyone went to give the Lino and piece of their minds there were a few people getting a bit too aggivated so I tried to get them back into the seats and while I was calming this kid down a policeman was pushing me up the stairs causing me to fall into people. Twat.

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Also, just after the 3rd goal when everyone went to give the Lino and piece of their minds there were a few people getting a bit too aggivated so I tried to get them back into the seats and while I was calming this kid down a policeman was pushing me up the stairs causing me to fall into people. Twat.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that bit. :lolol: :pissed:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
mona]
Stuart Storer (He's electric...)

Want Falmer? Yes.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hove born&bred
I am so glad you said that the steward was No s15 and the copper No 3827 I am composing a letter to chesire police now, a digusting and disturbing indcident.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought some of the reffing was disgusting and disturbing. Don't give a toss about the ref's racial origins. What's your problem are you just another middle class Englishman with a guilt complex?
I'm sure Cheshire Police will look forward to reading your letter.
Personally I thought the Crewe stewards were amiable and sensible and deserve better than your pomposity.

Richard Carpenter Appreciation Society
Adam Virgo is the Messiah
Adam Hinshelwood is class.

Looking at this post as a whole, from the outrageous 'middle class englishmen with a guilt complex' to the signature, I have a feeling 'mona' might be a little simple.

Let's not take the piss out of her too much, eh?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was about five to the left of the bloke who shouted it out. He was with some mates and they were of equally unpleasant looking demeanour, so I bottled it. The steward clearly saw who did it, had a word with the copper, who proceeded to do nothing. In retrospect I should have said something at half time to one of them to admit being a witness to the event.

Nov 12, 2003
It was me who spoke to the steward and copper at half time

like you Zeitgeist and n1 Seagull, I was absolutely appalled by the guy who was spouting the racist stuff...he was in the row in front of me and a few seats to my left. I looked down at the steward and copper who clearly knew who it was and they spent the remainder of the half eyeballing him.

At half time, the guy went for a piss so I went down and said to the steward that they should have done something about and his comment amazed me. He said he turned to the copper and asked if he had heard and he said no - so obviously two people in authority have to hear it before taking action. The steward then said would I be prepared to point him out and I had to reply in the negative because I would have been a marked man thereafter - and the steward understood my predicament.

Please don't come on slagging me off about this becasue, as n1 Seagull stated, he was not a pleasant looking bloke at all. I think he knew he was in danger of getting arrested so he didn't reapear for the second half and, in fact, my brother heard him mouthing off about a load of other things in the bog at half time - finishing up by saying he had had enough and was going back to the station.

Coincidentally, when we got back to the station, he asked me where Platform 12 was and there's definitely no way you would want to mess with him.

I wonder if this is the same bloke that was giving the racist abuse at a recent home game that caused a lot of discussion on here?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No one will slag you off, unfortunately some people are ignorant simple as that.

It seemed a very difficult situation.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't blame you DC. Police turning a blind eye/ear to racism is nothing new though is it?

D

Deleted User X18H

I told the guy he was a twat his mate said 'alright mate alright'
the actual twat shrugged his shoulders and briefly muttered somthing about his family ............then shut up

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I was also a few rows infornt of this idiot. As said before, I gave the ref pelters , but not for being any particular colour or creed, but because he was shite. I was about ten yards from the steward and copper, and they did discuss it ..

Steward .. That bloke up there called the ref a n***er and told him to go back to the Jungle.

Copper .. I'll keep an eye on it.

To be fair , nothing else was said, but I wish they had gone for him, because I know that the majority (vast) would have given the coppers and stewards support in this.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: It was me who spoke to the steward and copper at half time

DannyCullipLookalike'sDad said:
like you Zeitgeist and n1 Seagull, I was absolutely appalled by the guy who was spouting the racist stuff...he was in the row in front of me and a few seats to my left. I looked down at the steward and copper who clearly knew who it was and they spent the remainder of the half eyeballing him.

At half time, the guy went for a piss so I went down and said to the steward that they should have done something about and his comment amazed me. He said he turned to the copper and asked if he had heard and he said no - so obviously two people in authority have to hear it before taking action. The steward then said would I be prepared to point him out and I had to reply in the negative because I would have been a marked man thereafter - and the steward understood my predicament.

Please don't come on slagging me off about this becasue, as n1 Seagull stated, he was not a pleasant looking bloke at all. I think he knew he was in danger of getting arrested so he didn't reapear for the second half and, in fact, my brother heard him mouthing off about a load of other things in the bog at half time - finishing up by saying he had had enough and was going back to the station.

Coincidentally, when we got back to the station, he asked me where Platform 12 was and there's definitely no way you would want to mess with him.

I wonder if this is the same bloke that was giving the racist abuse at a recent home game that caused a lot of discussion on here?

You did the right thing DCLAD. You pointed out your concerns. I don't blame you for not fingering the guy to the police/Stewards as they should have been doing their jobs. The person concerned sounds like he could have turned nasty.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
the full harris said:
Looking at this post as a whole, from the outrageous 'middle class englishmen with a guilt complex' to the signature, I have a feeling 'mona' might be a little simple.

Let's not take the piss out of her too much, eh?
Thank you for telling me that I'm a little simple.
I'm delighted that NSC is so strongly opposed to racism and hope that all the anti-celtic/Welsh threads will be removed as we approach the Cardiff game.
The ignorant bigot who abused the ref racially should have been booted out by the stewards. I'm glad that around me we were only abusing the ref for being inept.
I hate racism.
My post was in response to somebody who stated that they lived in the most reassuringly expensive place to live. He then went on to suggest targeting a steward in a less affluent part of England. The self-righteous preaching in his message was, I felt, worthy of comment because of the contradictions.
Sorry.
I'm from Brighton originally, feel totally comfortable about Afro-Caribbean culture but sense some of the outraged posters could do with getting away from Worthing or Crowborough and spending time in places like Camberwell.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
It is a shame in this day and age that people are still giving out racial abuse, there was a lot of it directed at the Wolves Korean player too. But from where I was sitting at Crewe people didn't shout anything at the referee in a racist fashion so I think we can safely say that it was a Minority brainless moron who dished it out.

BAN HIM

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Chesney Christ said:
Yeah those ones are the worst. My favourite is "I'm not racist, but I don't believe in mixed marriages". Err, why? If everyone got married to someone of the opposite colour and had half-cast kids then racism would eventually not exist.

Mona - you're a f***ing imbecile. And you read The Daily Mail. f*** off to another website.
All I know about East Preston is that Greg Stanley and you live there.
I don't read the Daily Mail, am a university graduate, live in a multi-racial city and have friends and relatives!! of different races.
Keep preaching you are proving the point I made, perhaps inappropriately, about guilt.

mona said:
My post was in response to somebody who stated that they lived in the most reassuringly expensive place to live. He then went on to suggest targeting a steward in a less affluent part of England. The self-righteous preaching in his message was, I felt, worthy of comment because of the contradictions.
Sorry.
I'm from Brighton originally, feel totally comfortable about Afro-Caribbean culture but sense some of the outraged posters could do with getting away from Worthing or Crowborough and spending time in places like Camberwell.

At no point did the poster make comparisons between where he lived and Crewe! What is the relevance anyway? Please explain that one, because I've missed the point. Did you see this incident as some kind of social engineering excercise? Self righteous preaching? Sort of thing you may get from a "right on" graduate who appears to have a superiority complex when it comes to knowledge of matters social and racial in this country. Patronising garbage! Are you a social worker by any chance??

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
mona said:
Thank you for telling me that I'm a little simple.
I'm delighted that NSC is so strongly opposed to racism and hope that all the anti-celtic/Welsh threads will be removed as we approach the Cardiff game.
The ignorant bigot who abused the ref racially should have been booted out by the stewards. I'm glad that around me we were only abusing the ref for being inept.
I hate racism.
Sorry.

So what is your point about people from Worthing ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here