Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hooters Coming to Brighton? (Merged)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I welcome this development. It offers the chance to reply to chants of "Does Your Boyfriend Know You're Here?" with the reposte "We've got Hooters, we've got Hooters, you ain't, you ain't".

Unless we're playing Notts Forest or County.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Even their own directors call them 'Breastaurants' in the States...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
...too American. I prefer the French term "Teat-erie".

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
those younger seagulls supporter may not remember a club somewhere up in the Kemptown area that had topless barmaids and waitresses and it was to put it bluntly fecking awful
must have been the late 60's or early 70's

Did you mean the barmaids and waitresses were in their 60's or 70's

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
i like the Hooters & cocks idea. I would definatly apply for that job

That's a whole new idea for a restaurant.

Would have to be pre-op though.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can you imagine what it will be like on here if Hooters get planning permission to open a bar in Brighton...there will be people asking whether it will serve Harveys, as no self-respecting titty-bar would dare open without that on tap!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not read the whole thread but i expect ther'll be some opposition from this and I wonder if it will come from the same type of people who like to see the Ladyboys as a fixture of the Brighton Festival.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I wentto Hooters in Amsterdam and while it was entertaining for about 13 minutes, the price of beer and the fact that the novelty wears off very quickly ensured we stayed for one beer and then left having ticked a box. I am of the same opinion with Strip clubs, vaguely entertaining for a very short time then time to move on and actually enjoy the night out.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It just doesn't work in the UK. In the states Hooters is just another restaurant that the family go to for spicy chicken wings & watch a bit of sport on the telly. It just so happens that the waitresses are very attractive, nobody really bats an eyelid.
However, in the UK, well I just feel sorry for the girls & what they'd have to put up with.
Plus, finding suitable girls without a beer gut would be a challenge.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
those younger seagulls supporter may not remember a club somewhere up in the Kemptown area that had topless barmaids and waitresses and it was to put it bluntly fecking awful
must have been the late 60's or early 70's

Before my time, but my Dad swears there was a topless club in Kemptown where one of the women had a wooden leg. Sounds like the same place.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
tn_hooters_nottingham3.jpg

Hooters in Nottingham. See the difference?

Nottingham was always celebrated in the 20th century as being the City with the best-looking women. It came about apparently because they had a lot of weaving factories in the 18th century onwards - due to the clean water of the Trent and the proximity of big sheep-farming areas for wool - and these factories attracted the prettiest of Midlands womanhood, unlike (say) Wolverhampton..

A bloke from Nottingham told me there is a statue of a lion in the main square there, which was reputed to roar out if a virgin went near it....

As for "Chinese spice" maybe you have to consider her sideways on?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Can you imagine what it will be like on here if Hooters get planning permission to open a bar in Brighton...there will be people asking whether it will serve Harveys, as no self-respecting titty-bar would dare open without that on tap!

Unfortunately a lot of CAMRA types are very PC, particularly the women.

In about 2001 CAMRA promoted the GBBF in Olympia with a sultry naked Scandinavian blond lying on a heap of barley - or other cereal - with hop leaves placed at discreet points. This was placed on placards and on London buses and there was a huge banner above the main concourse in Olympia.

Attendances jumped markedly, particularly among the Anzac/SA male population who used to occupy a lot of the Earls Court area.

Despite its success the following year the sign was nowhere to be seen at GBBF being replaced by an "Empowered" brunette. I was told later the main sign had been sent over to Belfast for their beer festival where presumably PC elements were in the minority.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I welcome this development. It offers the chance to reply to chants of "Does Your Boyfriend Know You're Here?" with the reposte "We've got Hooters, we've got Hooters, you ain't, you ain't".

Unless we're playing Notts Forest or County.

Ermm.. I think you'd just receive the chant back "You're all Ladyboys then!!" :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here