Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hooligans

1066gull

The clubs the troublemakers supported I heard were Huddersfield, Leeds and Chelsea....

No surprise there then.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Adriodinho said:
The clubs the troublemakers supported I heard were Huddersfield, Leeds and Chelsea....

No surprise there then.

Pay attention. They've also mentioned Cardiff City and a Lincoln City fan bottling a Leeds fan.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Jam The Man said:
hopefully we wont see a Brighton shirt amongst the crowd.

No shirts but just got mentioned starting against the Tunisians:nono:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Jam The Man said:
Singing and having a laugh is one thing, but some of the sub human scum displayed on this programme at the moment is disgraceful.

The fear they struck into the faces of the Brazilian fans when there were children of both nationalities present is 100% unacceptable... hopefully we wont see a Brighton shirt amongst the crowd. But I know that we also have a minority of arseholes that do such things because i've seen it at away games... can't these people just f*ck off out of football? I know it's other countries as well, but they're all wankers full stop.

Well said, couldn't agree more. These people ruin the game for the majority of fans who are there to have a good time and watch football. I know things can get out of hand when beer is involved and passions are running high, but its still unacceptable IMO

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Hooligans

DJ Leon said:
Nope. And I'm getting what I was expecting.

Which was what ? A few instances of yobbish behaviour gets translated into "England's shame" & some Yorkshire monkeys get themsleves set up for attenttion next season.. What a lot of tabloid bollocks.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What was actually shown was, and I am guessing here, knowing how Panorama works, was 100 hours film to show 20 minutes unacceptable behaviour. So yes. We know there are a handful of idiots who believe that football is some excuse for causing trouble. But what I also saw again was just shoddy journalism, and yet again by the BBC.

One thing did cross my mind in watching the first ten minutes, and later in the programme. The German Hells Angels were around in most incidences. So did rival English Angels come along for a ruck?

Last edited:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
To quote an official police source there were 246 arrests of England fans during the World Cup. That is out of 26,000 that went abroad.

There were more arrests at Ascot.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Jam The Man said:
The fear they struck into the faces of the Brazilian fans when there were children of both nationalities present is 100% unacceptable...
Sensationalism at it's best, it wouldn't be complete without a 'save the children' type comment. So a couple of Brazilians (who were probably german by the way)walk into a big group of drunken engklish lads and wave their flags about. They got a bit of beeer thrown over them. I'm not saying it is right, but what did they expect?

Dandyman

In London village.
Dover said:
What was actually shown was, and I am guessing here, knowing how Panorama works, was 100 hours film to show 20 minutes unacceptable behaviour. So yes. We know there are a handful of idiots who believe that football is some excuse for causing trouble. But what I also saw again was just shoddy journalism, and yet again by the BBC.

One thing did cross my mind in watching the first ten minutes, and later in the programme. The German Hells Angels were around in most incidences. So did rival English Angels come along for a ruck?

Well said, that nurse.

I think the Hells Angels were looking after their...ahem...business interests.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Dover said:

I'd like to hear more about how Panorama works, since you're in the know.

How they staged and/or fabricated the riots and thuggish behaviour of fat, halfwitted, drunken, bullying tossers would be very interesting to know. To me it looked like actual footage of hooliganism but then I'm not actually involved in the science of TV production like you.:rolleyes:

Dandyman

In London village.
Monkey Man said:
I'd like to hear more about how Panorama works, since you're in the know.

How they staged and/or fabricated the riots and thuggish behaviour of fat, halfwitted, drunken, bullying tossers would be very interesting to know. To me it looked like actual footage of hooliganism but then I'm not actually involved in the science of TV production like you.:rolleyes:

Were you out there, then ?

Damn I meant to watch this - is it repeated?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I watched the programme with interest and it is undoubted that there was a lot of yobbish mob-like behaviour.

But the police-spotter (or whatever he was) summed it up well - they now have a good handle on the 'professional' hooligans - those that are up for out and our violence, often pre-arranged. What we saw was just an extension of the incrediblly anti-social behaviour that poisons most of our towns and cities now, particularly on weekend evenings.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ned said:
To quote an official police source there were 246 arrests of England fans during the World Cup. That is out of 26,000 that went abroad.

There were more arrests at Ascot.

Well said, Ned. There are more arrests at Horse Racing than any other sport.

"I'd like to hear more about how Panorama works, since you're in the know.

How they staged and/or fabricated the riots and thuggish behaviour of fat, halfwitted, drunken, bullying tossers would be very interesting to know. To me it looked like actual footage of hooliganism but then I'm not actually involved in the science of TV production like you."

No Monkeyman. I watch the news an awful lot, and know how to summise. Trust me on this one. There is a famous picture with the Mod hitting the Rocker with a deck chair in Brighton on Maderia Drive. It was a set up for the snapper, and was depicted in Quadrophenia.

And lastly to Dandyman. Many thanks.
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Dandyman

In London village.
RoyalAli said:
As I expected, rolling all the unpleasant incidents into an hour of criticism of England fans, despite the majority of reports suggesting that England fans behaved well.

Obviously the incidents shown highlight that the yob culture following England won't ever go away, but was there any need to make such a song and dance about it without balancing it up a bit with the good things that happened in Germany?

:clap: As Ned said, thousands of England fans out there and the Beeb choose to condense a few incidents into a portrait of England abroad. Why not sum up Brighton fans by doing a piece on the Pump House incident and claiming it as representative?

Dandyman

In London village.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Hooligans dress well.

One True Saxon this season or will sir be favouring Evissu ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here