Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honduras for the World Cup!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I follow Motagua here and have a few shirts. I will upload a few when I get a chance. Have mates who support a wide range of teams.

My favourite team is Hispano known as the "The Donkeys".

There are a number of teams I can think of that should be known as The Donkeys!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Honduras 2 USA 3

all second half goals.

USA qualify. Honduras must beat El Salvador to avoid the play off.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Honduras 2 USA 3

all second half goals.

USA qualify. Honduras must beat El Salvador to avoid the play off.

Don't have a war over it!

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
Great game although the result was obviously gutting. I have just got back after a four day trip taking in the game. One of the weirdest footballing experiences I have ever had was the complete pin-dropping silence in the stadium of 40,000 as the third US goal went in. Has to be said that the yanks are now an amazing side. So well organized and athletic.

Anyway, as a previous poster said it still looks good for us.

USA have not lost at home for 8 years and Honduras have to beat El Sal away. All more than do-able.

Vamos Catrachos!!:ascarf:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
PALACIOS-GETTY_114127t.jpg

The REAL reason I want you to qualify. Hero.

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
Four and a bit hours till kick off!!

This will be the greatest come back since Lazarus!!

I have NEVER been so excited about a game in my life.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Swiss Tony's Blue & White Army :ascarf:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Has to be said that the yanks are now an amazing side. So well organized and athletic.

If they took FOOTBALL ultra seriously and spent the money necessary etc, the USA could be one of the undisputed best sides in the world.

Luckily for the rest of the world only their women's team are world beaters.

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won a tedious 1-0 victory against El Salvador. Everyone was crestfallen for the whole game as the US were losing 2-0 almost from the beginning of their game against Costa Rica which made our result irrelevant. They then game back to 1-2 and then literally with the last touch of the game, Bocanegra scored a beauty of a header from a corner to make it 2-2.

Honduras is through!! I am off to celebrate in the streets.

Un-frigin-believable!!

HONDURAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
That american equaliser was hilarious. The costa rica team had two coaches sent off. 5 minutes of stoppages come the equaliser and now costa rica have to play uruguay.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Not sure I'd agree with the sentiment that the USA are an amazing side. They always seem to make very basic mistakes which makes me think they'll get found out once again against the top teams. The first Costa Rica goal tonight was pitiful. Oneywu was brushed aside and then still had time to make a challenge but just let the bloke go and some of the chances they missed were lame. With that said Altidore looks pretty good. Will be interesting to see what happens in the draw but if it's another tough one I can see a first round exit for "Team USA".

Congrats to Honduras and I hope Swiss Tony had a great night celebrating.
("Qualifying for the World Cup is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman")

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not sure I'd agree with the sentiment that the USA are an amazing side. They always seem to make very basic mistakes which makes me think they'll get found out once again against the top teams. The first Costa Rica goal tonight was pitiful. Oneywu was brushed aside and then still had time to make a challenge but just let the bloke go and some of the chances they missed were lame. With that said Altidore looks pretty good. Will be interesting to see what happens in the draw but if it's another tough one I can see a first round exit for "Team USA".

Congrats to Honduras and I hope Swiss Tony had a great night celebrating.
("Qualifying for the World Cup is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman")

USA will always get to the world cup due to the shocking region they are in, if easy 10 gets annoyed by the pointless teams he should have a look at North America!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won a tedious 1-0 victory against El Salvador. Everyone was crestfallen for the whole game as the US were losing 2-0 almost from the beginning of their game against Costa Rica which made our result irrelevant. They then game back to 1-2 and then literally with the last touch of the game, Bocanegra scored a beauty of a header from a corner to make it 2-2.

Honduras is through!! I am off to celebrate in the streets.

Un-frigin-believable!!

HONDURAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, Sir! Here's to more fun next summer!
:whisky:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Awesome... Had a soft spot for Honduras since I realized they play in blue & white stripes a few years back... Know anywhere online I can pick up a shirt?

swiss tony

Aug 3, 2004
Honduras
Awesome... Had a soft spot for Honduras since I realized they play in blue & white stripes a few years back... Know anywhere online I can pick up a shirt?

This is a very reputable store that does a lot of on-line business sending shirts to Honduran ex-pats in the states. Probably your best bet!!

http://www.diunsa.net/?prd=5285&title=CAMISA JOMA OFC.VIS.HOND.09 AZ-BL M&lang=en

Just got up with a banging hang-over. Can you believe the President declared a national holiday today to celebrate qualification, obviously encouraging everyone to get completely wasted.

I have a funny feeling Honduras and England are going to cross paths in this world cup.

Don't know if anybody else has lived in another country for so long and become so fond of the place, that they almost consider themselves that nationality.

I have always supported England but I have to say that I have come to like Honduras and its people so much and have been so impressed with the way they qualified that I would be 50/50 split in a England Honduras match up.

Its a weird but nice feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here