Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honduras for the World Cup!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Not sure I'd agree with the sentiment that the USA are an amazing side. They always seem to make very basic mistakes which makes me think they'll get found out once again against the top teams. The first Costa Rica goal tonight was pitiful. Oneywu was brushed aside and then still had time to make a challenge but just let the bloke go and some of the chances they missed were lame. With that said Altidore looks pretty good. Will be interesting to see what happens in the draw but if it's another tough one I can see a first round exit for "Team USA".

Congrats to Honduras and I hope Swiss Tony had a great night celebrating.
("Qualifying for the World Cup is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman")

Soon over,soon out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't know if anybody else has lived in another country for so long and become so fond of the place, that they almost consider themselves that nationality.

My time living abroad was in France...so no.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
In all other respects I am very pro-American but just can't get behind their football team. Not sure why that is but it's partly that Landon Donovan really gets up my nose and also that the few people I know who take a passing interest in "saccer" automatically assume that the USA must be one of the best sides in the world. Convincing them otherwise is very difficult and leads to accusations of being anti-American. Only today one of my colleagues was telling me how he thinks that they're real contenders to win it but "like England will need a lot of luck". Mate there isn't that much luck in the world!

My main hope for the USA in 2010 is that they don't do better than England or more life will be made unbearable.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I dunno... I've been living out here in Australia for a year now, and I can't say I have a soft spot for the 'Soccaroos'. A definite soft spot for FC Sydney, yes, but not the national team...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here