Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Chanting

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As most people know this is now banned from all League grounds. I'm trying not to laugh but does anybody seriously think that this new rule will be enforced by any club (even our own) ?

If is it what sort of methods will be employed to combat it ? Will their be fines for the clubs breaking this new rule ? If so will the League pass these fines on to the 'injured party' or will it just line it's own pockets ?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I would imagine that most BHA fans will be quite disappointed at this ban. When i saw the BHA fans at West Ham getting the "abuse", i thought BHA fans were hilarious in their replies and actually seemed to enjoy the banter.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Racist chanting is also banned, I can't say that there has been much evidence to suggest that that is being stamped out...I mean, what is shouting "sheep-shagger" at fans from Welsh teams other than suggesting that their nationality is accompanied by a wish to mate with sheep...surely that is racist?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I would imagine that most BHA fans will be quite disappointed at this ban. When i saw the BHA fans at West Ham getting the "abuse", i thought BHA fans were hilarious in their replies and actually seemed to enjoy the banter.

hmmm...banter.

Homosexuality should NOT be used as a form of abuse. It implies that it's wrong and is not to be tolerated, accepted, whatever.

It's also f***ing tedious.

Most footie fans now know and accept that racist abuse is wrong. Why do so many struggle with the concept that the 'gay banter' is wrong too because it reinforces prejudice?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
hmmm...banter.

Homosexuality should NOT be used as a form of abuse. It implies that it's wrong and is not to be tolerated, accepted, whatever.

It's also f***ing tedious.

Most footie fans now know and accept that racist abuse is wrong. Why do so many struggle with the concept that the 'gay banter' is wrong too because it reinforces prejudice?

Oh perlease....i'm almost crying here. Maybe you should go to church instead of football. I can just see the headlines.....Football fan in "i'm so insulted at football banter" shocker :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I suppose BHA fans calling Bristol fans "sheep shaggers" is morally degrading to the citizens of Bristol......and as for the "pikey" comments on here about palace....well i would feel so insulted if i was unfortunate enough to support them. You even have a sheep shagger as a "smiley" :sheep:

Let's all have a group hug now shall we :mexican:

FFS

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
What about calling the Ref a Bastard or a wanker. Surely insulting someone who comes from a one parent family and who has the inability to find and partner and results to self gratification is wrong.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh perlease....i'm almost crying here. Maybe you should go to church instead of football. I can just see the headlines.....Football fan in "i'm so insulted at football banter" shocker :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I suppose BHA fans calling Bristol fans "sheep shaggers" is morally degrading to the citizens of Bristol......and as for the "pikey" comments on here about palace....well i would feel so insulted if i was unfortunate enough to support them. You even have a sheep shagger as a "smiley" :sheep:

FFS

FFS indeed. How someone can post the shit that you've just posted and manage to work a pc is beyond me.

You equate tolerance with group hugs. Bigotry with banter.

Ask yourself - why aren't there any openly gay footballers? Why aren't there too many openly gay supporters clubs? Yes, they exist but they're hardly high proflie are they? I'll tell you why - because twats like you think it's all a f***ing laugh?

20 years ago you were calling black people "sooties" - 'cause it's all banter innit.

and I can do smilies too. :tosser:

rant over.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
FFS indeed. How someone can post the shit that you've just posted and manage to work a pc is beyond me.

Ask yourself - why aren't there any openly gay footballers? Why aren't there too many openly gay supporters clubs? Yes, they exist but they're hardly high proflie are they? I'll tell you why - because twats like you think it's all a f***ing laugh?

20 years ago you were calling black people "sooties" - 'cause it's all banter innit.

rant over.

f***ing hell, did you have a bad nights sleep??!!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

rant over.

And yet you quite openly ignore a few of your regular "contributors" to this forum who constantly spout rascist shite.

As for the homophobic stuff....just go and have a look in the "gay pride" thread.....you seem quite happy to allow people to engage in homophobic stuff on your forum....i just hate hypocrites :glare:

Now off to sunday school you go sonny :wave:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
And yet you quite openly ignore a few of your regular "contributors" to this forum who constantly spout rascist shite.

As for the homophobic stuff....just go and have a look in the "gay pride" thread.....you seem quite happy to allow people to engage in homophobic stuff on your forum....i just hate hypocrites :glare:

Now off to sunday school you go sonny :wave:

Erm, from what I've seen of Buzzer's posts, he doesn't "openly ignore" or seem "happy to allow" what you're accusing there. Nor do most of the people on this board :tosser:

FFS

The FA have strict guidelines, whatever your decided interpretation of banter is vs actual racism. It is sent to the clubs, that they must eradicate racism in any and every form - and yes, homophobia is now a category that gets attention.
It actually seems worse, that one fan shouts abuse, than hundreds or thousands singing and chanting it.
The order is; OUT WITHOUT WARNING if anyone shouts racist remarks. NO margins accepted - if it's racist, it's out of order and out you go. That includes ALL racism, so the Welsh are included.

If the crowd singing it are too large to eject safely, then cameras are on the crowd and ringleaders and repeat offenders will be identified, seat number locations, and perhaps ejections of such persons.

Homophobia is sometimes encouraged by Brighton fans - "2-0, to the shirtlifters" is a particularly amusing one. Unlikely that this would be enforced against as it doesn't carry the same anti feeling as "f*** you AIDS infested queer c***s". That becomes a homophobic remark and the perp is OUT.

The Albion has one of, if not the best record of behaviour in the league. One arrest last season (a couple more arrest/unarrest ejections from the ground). Sadly, one arrest has already been made at the Fulham friendly!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It won't stop.

How can they stop a crowd of 300 people chanting "town full of faggots at us"

They couldn't kick them all out.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Erm, from what I've seen of Buzzer's posts, he doesn't "openly ignore" or seem "happy to allow" what you're accusing there. Nor do most of the people on this board :tosser:

Well here's a quote from the very first post of the "gay pride" thread that is now on page two (can't seem to link to it)

Bloody joke. Nothing to be proud about being abnormal and perverted. Should be called 'Shame' where we stone the buggers as they trudge along our streets with their heads bowed.

God created Adam and Eve. He did not create Adam and Steve

Now i would say that "Happy to allow" and "openly ignore" were both phrases that could be used quite happily here. Would you not class the above quote as "homophobic" ???

What about calling the Ref a Bastard or a wanker. Surely insulting someone who comes from a one parent family and who has the inability to find and partner and results to self gratification is wrong.

The perpetrator is using offensive language?
That could lead to an ejection if it were repetitively heard from one person. The whole crowd after a poor decision? Not likely.
The ref has it within their power to report clubs for things shouted during a game, and will do so if there's racial abuse.

Everyone knows you aren't supposed to use offensive language. but racism and personal abuse is OUT of the question completely - especially important now that we are a multi-cultured country and so will be the fans coming to our stadium.

How pleasant if we can welcome all-comers to FALMER for instance, without then insulting and alienating them by personal abuse?!

It won't stop.

How can they stop a crowd of 300 people chanting "town full of faggots at us"

They couldn't kick them all out.

These days, camera footage can simply be sent to other clubs, and ringleaders found. They can be barred from football grounds all over the country, and even for life in more extreme cases.

It must be noted (by jevs, in particular) that the FOOTBALL is not a place for loud open political or personal opinion. Whatever is said on here and allowed by moderators, is not what is allowed at games. No more than if someone thought the game was 'Speaker's Corner' for speaking out against a mosque, or whatever. Stewards would soon have to shut the perpetrator down if they were causing any unnecessary discomfort to others or inappropriate behaviour.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Well here's a quote from the very first post of the "gay pride" thread that is now on page two (can't seem to link to it)

Now i would say that "Happy to allow" and "openly ignore" were both phrases that could be used quite happily here. Would you not class the above quote as "homophobic" ???

And who is that a quote -from-? Not much use without the context.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here