Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Abuse Today.........

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It wasn't a sell out crowd. Happy to be of assistance.

Really? Why not?

Still your biggest crowd of the season though...

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
Why did your stadium announcer keep referring to it as a sell out St Mary's crowd then ?

I have no idea, but it wasn't a sell out crowd, and nor was it our biggest of the season though. Keep going though if it makes you feel any better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have no idea, but it wasn't a sell out crowd, and nor was it our biggest of the season though. Keep going though if it makes you feel any better.

Our official match report states that it was. Maybe you should contact your press office to check.

KK the 2nd

Nov 19, 2011
Sell out but a couple of hundred short of a full house. Not sure how this works ... I guess down to corporates?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

MissT

Nov 16, 2009
Deary me. Man up you bunch of girls.

As a woman I was unhappy to see two young men mimicking lewd acts as they sang homophobic chants. Still, it could be that I'm reaching my 'football supporter sell buy date' and need to consider giving up attending away matches. Maybe I'm out of date rather than this is unacceptable behaviour?

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
As a woman I was unhappy to see two young men mimicking lewd acts as they sang homophobic chants. Still, it could be that I'm reaching my 'football supporter sell buy date' and need to consider giving up attending away matches. Maybe I'm out of date rather than this is unacceptable behaviour?

:lol: If you genuinely are unhappy with that then yes, football is not the place for you my dear.

Hopefully they were the two that were arrested.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Why did your stadium announcer keep referring to it as a sell out St Mary's crowd then ?

Because like most Saints fans, he had six fingers and counted six people for every five thus inflating the actual number in attendance.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Just gets under my skin, Why should it be acceptable? Call us what you like to a highlight a group as a target of 'funny' chants is wrong.

I'm so proud to be from a city that is so relaxed and accepting of people whoever they are, and if someone felt uncomfortable to go to a game due to chants that is just not on.
I totally agree with this,we come from a remarkably tolerant,generally chilled out City where people of all persuasions can live without the prejudices of the ignorant.I don't find the chants 'clever' or 'funny' just plain obtuse.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Lighten up guys....homophobic abuse is not worrying..it's just boring and shows the opposition fans cannot think for themselves,they have to rely on 30 year old chants......

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To be honest it wasn't the chanting it was more the gestures that some were doing.... Especially the guy in the front row who disappeared after half time

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
To be honest it wasn't the chanting it was more the gestures that some were doing.... Especially the guy in the front row who disappeared after half time

Agreed, has been a lot more of the chanting at other games this season, Saints probably did it less than anyone else has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here