Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Abuse Today.........

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was sat near Beach Hut.

I also complained to a passing policeman about the homophobic abuse.

The policeman, to be fair, was good. He said arrests had been made and that if anyone could be pointed out he would take action. As I had been watching the game, not the stands, I said I did not feel confident identifying any individual over dozens of others and I only knew the area it had come from.

But, that said, that area did have around five stewards looking at it the entire game. Any one of those stewards could have identified offenders. I suggested that to one, and he just smiled and looked the other way.

Police yesterday: well done. Stewards? Turning a blind eye to people breaking the law.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
When will people wake up and smell the roses. The more this is made an issue of the worse it will get. It's not rocket science is it. Personally I don't give a shit but then I'm not gay. But even if I was I still don't think I would give a shit to be honest. It's not personal and those that take it as such really need to get a life or maybe they are so unsure of their own sexuality that these chants really upset them.

cocklebreath

Nov 12, 2011
Didn't hear much in the way of gay chants. I tried to start "you're not gay but gus is racist" to the tune of glory glory man united but no-one joined in, the c*nts.

I expected a lot more from your fans, very loud first half but why did you have to sing "small town near p*rtsmouth" it's proper ghey but I suppose the majority of football fans are a tad thick.

Can we all agree in the 2nd half Saints played some wonderfull football?

I don't like your away shirt xx

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I was sat near Beach Hut.

I also complained to a passing policeman about the homophobic abuse.

The policeman, to be fair, was good. He said arrests had been made and that if anyone could be pointed out he would take action. As I had been watching the game, not the stands, I said I did not feel confident identifying any individual over dozens of others and I only knew the area it had come from.

But, that said, that area did have around five stewards looking at it the entire game. Any one of those stewards could have identified offenders. I suggested that to one, and he just smiled and looked the other way.

Police yesterday: well done. Stewards? Turning a blind eye to people breaking the law.

Grass

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
If you're not actually gay, why get upset?

If someone calls me a 3 legged green martian I'm not going to run off to the nearest poiliceman and complain.

And if you ARE gay, then surely they are pointing out the obvious?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why the fuc$ do people complain about homophobic abuse,christ if you was a faggot then fair enough,surely straight people should not be offended?

So many light weights nowadays,its just bloody words and you need to rise above it:)

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Why the fuc$ do people complain about homophobic abuse,christ if you was a faggot then fair enough,surely straight people should not be offended?

So many light weights nowadays,its just bloody words and you need to rise above it:)

People will moan about anything they can these days, just the way it is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do think had the result been different then none of this would have happened, personally I think it is a waste of time complaining about it.

Try this as a thought:-

Why the fuc$ do people complain about racist abuse,christ if you was black then fair enough,surely white people should not be offended?

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I'm the most tolerant!!

NO ME!!!!

I AM FAR MORE TOLERANT THAN THOU!

I forgive hilter!

YEAH BUT I HAD ME EYES REMOVED SO I COULD SEE NO COLOUR!

ETC ETC

:yawn:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
the southampton fans to the left of the away end didnt start much gay stuff,and lots of ours were chanting the pompy stuff so think we're as bad. Someone had a pompy shirt in our end too..wtf is that all about - i'd still say pompy are on of our rivals too!!

2 half full bottles of beer chucked from our end as well, one smashed a copper on the shoulder so when they check the CCTV someone may expect a knock

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Some of our fans are turning into right pussies
Why should we worry about what songs other fans sing?
I'm half deaf and maybe I miss the really vile stuff but none of it is personal
Bleating to stewards is embarassing, there is plenty of important things to worry about

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some of our fans are turning into right pussies
Why should we worry about what songs other fans sing?
I'm half deaf and maybe I miss the really vile stuff but none of it is personal
Bleating to stewards is embarassing, there is plenty of important things to worry about
Agreed. I think complaining, and especially trying to make official complaints, about perceived homophobic chanting is more pathetic than the chants themselves. I sincerely hope people like Walt Jabsco are in a tiny minority.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
As a woman I was unhappy to see two young men mimicking lewd acts as they sang homophobic chants. Still, it could be that I'm reaching my 'football supporter sell buy date' and need to consider giving up attending away matches. Maybe I'm out of date rather than this is unacceptable behaviour?

Unacceptable in a place of work perhaps, or in a shopping mall, walking down the high street, or on a beach. But at a football match? Seriously? The 'ONE' place where you can go and act like a bit of a buffoon, let your hair down a bit and just generally have a good time. If anyone gets offended about this then they must be pretty miserable in their own life. This is part of the whole culture of football. Neanderthal men having a laugh. Do you just want a stadium full of middle-class nicely behaved people who get offended by everything and anything?

At some point we might have to form a breakaway league for people who want to let their hair down, shout c**t as many times as they like, drink beer in the stands, shout as much abuse as they like. Then there can be a place for the people who want a middle class theatre atmos and a place for the drunken yob frivolous no holds barred sort of atmos. Job done.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I totally agree with this,we come from a remarkably tolerant,generally chilled out City where people of all persuasions can live without the prejudices of the ignorant.I don't find the chants 'clever' or 'funny' just plain obtuse.

Not that tolerant that you want people to have criminal records for playing silly buggers eh

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have a suspicion that some of the people saying that homophobic chanting is part of the game probably thought it ok to throw bananas at John Barnes 25 years ago.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I have a suspicion that some of the people saying that homophobic chanting is part of the game probably thought it ok to throw bananas at John Barnes 25 years ago.

One of your examples is personal and probably real hatred
The other is not personal and is mainly not hatred

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here