Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Abuse Today.........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think some fans need to perhaps lighten up a bit about this as there was loads today but some people got somewhat miffed by it to say the least.

Maybe because we lost didn't help.....

Oh and I expect at least 10 pages

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sounded like our south coast 'cousins' were on a mission today, who cares though honestly :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sounded like our south coast 'cousins' were on a mission today, who cares though honestly :shrug:

Quite, it was not as if that lard arse who was enormous did not cop some abuse

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did you go today ?

He was so fat he could not actually sit in his seat

No one can complain and I'll tell you why, BECAUSE THE BRIGHTON SUPPORTERS WERE SINGING AT THE SAINTS SUPPORTERS " YOU'RE TOO UGLY TO BE GAY". If any Brighton supporter fells that there was any homophobia, stop crying like babies. The Saints supporters did not start it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No one can complain and I'll tell you why, BECAUSE THE BRIGHTON SUPPORTERS WERE SINGING AT THE SAINTS SUPPORTERS " YOU'RE TOO UGLY TO BE GAY". If any Brighton supporter fells that there was any homophobia, stop crying like babies. The Saints supporters did not start it.

Rubbish. Clearly heard after a few mins on the live stream was we can see you holding hands.

I couldnt care less bit it was def there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Two Saints fans charged for homophobic abuse today.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think some fans need to perhaps lighten up a bit about this as there was loads today but some people got somewhat miffed by it to say the least.

Maybe because we lost didn't help.....

Oh and I expect at least 10 pages

Saw some dickhead complaining to the police in the aisles they were laughing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two Saints fans charged for homophobic abuse today.

You see that is wrong if they have as loads and I mean loads were so why pick out two - the club should be fined instead which would then make them more responsible in sorting it out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saw some dickhead complaining to the police in the aisles they were laughing

Yes I saw that as well, not very clever so perhaps the woman who was shouting take like a man knew best (she was BHAFC as well)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just gets under my skin, Why should it be acceptable? Call us what you like to a highlight a group as a target of 'funny' chants is wrong.

I'm so proud to be from a city that is so relaxed and accepting of people whoever they are, and if someone felt uncomfortable to go to a game due to chants that is just not on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just gets under my skin, Why should it be acceptable? Call us what you like to a highlight a group as a target of 'funny' chants is wrong.

I'm so proud to be from a city that is so relaxed and accepting of people whoever they are, and if someone felt uncomfortable to go to a game due to chants that is just not on.

OK then why does it seem acceptable to sing the referee is a wanker ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The two Saints fans were arrested, as opposed to having been charged (yet).

Last edited:

KK the 2nd

Nov 19, 2011
Saints fan here. I didn't there was much to complain about tbf. I thought it was good atmosphere and a tight match up to the second goal. Thought both sets of fans mainly focused on supporting their teams ... apart from a bit of topical ribbing re Poyet's comments (again from both).

Just short of a full house by a couple of hundred (but a sell out). I think that's great and should be the same at your place. Good to see on the South coast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here