Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Homeless, broke, the board's a joke"

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Oh go on. Name and shame. Id like to know how you managed to narrow it down to 7 twats.

1066 & WW - Prebuscent attention seeking kids who should be out on the piss pulling birds not tapping away at thier keyboards.
Bars Mars & Ernest - Funny as famine. Or Should That Be Funny As Famine.
Steward 433 & Conboy - Spam Spam spam spam
hove Born In Bred. Where to start.

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
I quite like Ernest's rants. He's been a bit quiet recently, are you still there? What do you have to say on this matter?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So - ONE BY ONE;

a) Falmers still a field after 10 years - Yes, BUT, the planning permission has been sorted and is being modified. That is not the clubs fault and DK, the board and people who quietly put money into the club who you've never heard of over that period deserve our GRATITUDE!!

b) As a club we are low on cash and income for oh! so obvious reasons and you're actually right we ARE losing cash on EVERY home game - but do you know what WE'VE STILL GOT A CLUB TO SUPPORT (or not in your case!!)

c) The board is a shambles - personally I think they are going (slowly but surely, maybe!) in the right direction;

d) Sacking Wilkins is one that will always be a subject of disagreement - lets review that at the seasons end?!

e) Another debating point to be fair!!

f) See a)above!!!

Instead of fvcking whinging please enlighten us with your solutions to the problems you list??!!

Put there money in mmmmmmmmm,thats why we are 12 million in debt because not enough money has been pumped in:glare:not to mention the millions made on players.

Fact is after 11 years its not good reading for brighton,all this dick knight is god bollocks is laughable.i recall the the board cocking up with vital paperwork that cost us a year,so now its yet another year.

You can be sure many more obstacles lie ahead:nono:

All you people who have the patience fair do's,but many have waited far far far to long.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, well, I have caused a stir!

Firstly let me assure you all that i'm not attention seeking - I just (understandably!) seem to have been taken out of context.

"Homeless, broke, the board's a joke" - I'm not even sure why I know this expression. Was it on a t-shirt, a chant, or just a chapter of the excellent build a bonfire? The fact that I don't know this allows me to clear one thing up - I do NOT have a clue how it felt to be an Albion fan in 1997 - quite simply, I wasn't one. I've got a few memories, but as for feelings on the subject...well they come siimply from the (fairly vast I feel) research into it i've done. But no amount of books/internet reading/DVD's can change the fact - I wasn't there! So feel free to celebrate Mr 433 etc.

However, as I say, the point has slightly been missed. My fault. I am NOT comparing the Albion now to the Albion of 97. That would be ridiculous. Even the biggest Dick Knight hater wouldn't be able to justify claiming he's worse than Belotti! The club are in a higher league, and there is at least the possiblity of a new stadium.

But I was trying to draw comparisons with the "homeless, broke" phrase.
Are we still homeless? - sort of. We're renting.
Are we still broke? - very much so, even if Tony Bloom isn't, the club definitely is.
Is the board a joke? Open to opinion, but given they've taken 11 years to get a stadium and it's still a minimum 3 years from completion, given cock-ups on the management front, in the pricing strategy, in empty seasts, etc, etc, then it could be definitely claimed that that is the case. That's not neccessarily my opinion, I was just curious to what you all think.

:albion:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just a small point of order 10 years of those 11 were trying to get permission to build it so as far as I am concerned they have had just over 1 year to get the stadium built and they had a year jumping through hoops and regulations so make that about 2 months.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My My , they say you don't know what you've got until its gone.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i recall the the board cocking up with vital paperwork that cost us a year,so now its yet another year.

What cock up on paperwork was that ? The only cock up around paperwork I can remember was Prescott's cockup !

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Uncle Buck really was a class-A doughnut. Shame he couldn't have taken WW with him when he pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here