Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd......Within the worst 5 BHA strikers of all time?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I've seen enough to reliase he shouldn't feature at all next season if we have any ambitions of a challenge for the play offs... Hopefully we can find him a season long loan somewhere and get a striker in who actually looks like scoring once in a while.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Absolute tosh. He didn't have any chances to score so you can criticise him on that.

I thought h did a very hard job well. His touch was good and sometimes he had to wait for what seemed an AGE before he could have any support.

He, as with ANY striker, will look better with someone to play off for sure.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I couldn't make today's game but gather that Holroyd did virtually nothing as a striking force again.

Not wanting to bash the guy too much, I fail to remember him actually doing anything in the games that he has played.

Given that I have been watching the Albion for more than 30 years, I am now of the opinion that Holroyd is fast becoming one of our most inefectual forwards of all times.

Perhaps that is why OGH is being kept on the books as suitable cover?

Am I being overly cruel, or has the player hidden talents or a very wealthy benefactor who is paying the club to play games?

What do you think?

What is it with you ? Just about every thread you start is ridiculous. Next time you start a thread try engaging your brain first.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What is it with you ? Just about every thread you start is ridiculous. Next time you start a thread try engaging your brain first.

Agree its hard to say that he is one of the worst strikers to have worn the stripes....................................................yet.

But if he starts for us at all next season I`m confident that he can get into that elite group.

I may not have been at yesterdays game, but I have seen enough to realize that this player is very poor. Unfortunately, the majority of posters to this thread also agree, so I am not being over critical. Holroyd is not actually up to league 2 status & will become a laughing stock if he plays another 10 games for us next season, has 2 shots on goal & doesn't find the back of the net.
P.S. Are you his agent?

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
He needs someone to play up top with. Playing someone of his height in a 4-51 is hopeless. I actually think he did ok today anyway.

Agreed, he's not the sort of striker to play up front alone. There were several occasions yesterday when he was crying out to be played in and the pass was never forthcoming. I hope next season we revert back to a 4-4-2 system, which if he plays will suit him better.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I may not have been at yesterdays game, but I have seen enough to realize that this player is very poor. Unfortunately, the majority of posters to this thread also agree, so I am not being over critical. Holroyd is not actually up to league 2 status & will become a laughing stock if he plays another 10 games for us next season, has 2 shots on goal & doesn't find the back of the net.
P.S. Are you his agent?

Most people agree he's probably not good enough for a playoff chasing team, but not sure many have agreed he is in the top 5 worst. That is overly harsh and a tad spiteful IMO

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Most people agree he's probably not good enough for a playoff chasing team, but not sure many have agreed he is in the top 5 worst. That is overly harsh and a tad spiteful IMO

Agreed. Give him a proper pre-season to adjust, he could become a very useful asset to the squad next season.

I'm sorry, but Holroyd isn't quite in the territory of this lot yet, to name but five:

Damian Hilton
Mark Farrington
Jonny Dixon
Graham Barrett
Daniel Webb

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he is the answer then either it is a silly question, or a question that should not be asked yet. He needs a summer in the gym, and either a strike partner to set him up or a period out on loan or both.

Lets hope we do get a decent striker in the summer to work with him or beside him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The crux of the matter is that he will not score enough goals combined with Murray for us to get promoted. Mid table mediocrity he would possibly do enough but that is not what we want or more importantly what GP or TB want.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
cannot judge him on playing last two games, dead rubbers, up front alone in a 451.

but for me, turienzo and mccammon take the awards!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here