Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd [merged threads]

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I still think had he had a decent run of games playing alongside Murray in a 442 formation, instead of the 433's he's mainly played in, he'd have scored a fair few.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our system didnt allow him to get into a goalscoring position very often and when it did he was very weak so another spell witha Div 2 club may do him well. It may get him a contract for next season as it is unlikely that he will get one here, I wouldnt think.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Speaking this morning, Shakers manager Alan Knill said: "We've been trying for two months to bring Chris into the club. For one reason or the other they couldn't let him go out. He's done really well at Stevenage earlier this season and he's a very lively player."

:smokin:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hold fast, can't you only play for two teams in a season?

He's played for us as a sub IIRC and for Stevenage...

I'm sure it's three, KneeOn.

Good move for him. Surprised he's gone up north even if it is only for a couple of months. Think he'll do well at Bury and get a few goals.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'm dissappointed it hasn't worked out for him to be honest, I think he has the ability just a lack of confidence and he needs to bulk up abit.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Is Bury where Bennett's younger brother's breaking into the first team? Could deffo see Holroyd doing well in L2 again, but not Championship. If contract is up then suppose we won't get anything but 60k for a player then sign him for only a year? Would have got that money back if he has a second half decent L2 run.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This season he has made 5 appearances totalling 82 minutes. How much of a chance is that, really?

And last season? and pre-season? Hardly forced his way into the side now has he? Old horse-face don't do much, but he does know where the goal is. At this level, Holroyd doesn't.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i really hope we won't have to take this sort of punt on a striker again

I doubt we will take any "punts" if promoted as you cannot afford to that in the Championship as our chairman at the time found out when appointing Hinshelwood as manager.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'm sure it's three, KneeOn.

Good move for him. Surprised he's gone up north even if it is only for a couple of months. Think he'll do well at Bury and get a few goals.

Oh fair enough.

He's from the same place as my mums boyfriend and step sister :claimtofame:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here