Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd [merged threads]

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It will be interesting to see how he gets on. Sadly whatever happens I do not think is of the standard we require in our squad, however as his spell at Stevenage proved he could do a job for someone in the lower leagues. Good luck to him.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
It will be interesting to see how he gets on. Sadly whatever happens I do not think is of the standard we require in our squad, however as his spell at Stevenage proved he could do a job for someone in the lower leagues. Good luck to him.

I think I've seen him play once or twice, and each time I forgot he was playing. As you say, his level is League 2, so hopefully this is a winning move for all parties!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Excellent news that he is gone (& hopefully forever).

One of the worst strikers (ha ha ha) that I have ever seen in 30 years of watching the Albion.

.............sometimes you have to say it as it is!

Harsh. Scored goals in League 2 so clearly not talentless just didn't fit in here properly but not given much of a chance. I suspect he won't be back next season but good luck to him

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
He looked alright all the times I watched him in the reserves, slightly harsh to say he is rubbish.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not rubbish, but limited.

L1 was too much of a step-up for him it would seem.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not really a shock to see him off again. At 24 can't ever see him breaking through here so think we have seen the last of him. After his first game when his touch and movement was quality thought we had a player but never happened for him. Thought he might have come good in a 3 up top with him outwide but his crossing don't seem to be that great either

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not rubbish, but limited.

L1 was too much of a step-up for him it would seem.

Limited on confidence perhaps, certainly not on ability. If he can bulk up he would be a useful League 1 striker for someone.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
sadly I think that is that but at least he did score in the stripes if only for the reserves against non-league minnows. Doubt we will recover much in the way of the £60K or whatever it was we laid out on him.
None of it, he's out of contract.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon he'll turn out to be a decent League One striker.

IF (big if) he can learn to have some presence, he will go onto better things than Dickinson or Davies, no doubt about that.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Can't say he's ever impressed me as a striker, lightweight & a bit of a headless chicken. Seemed to spend most of his time running in to dead ends pointing at the ground.
Oftern wondered if he'd have been better of as a wide player. Using his natural pace & running at defenders.
Farewell shark bait, All the best for the future.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Excellent news that he is gone (& hopefully forever).

One of the worst strikers (ha ha ha) that I have ever seen in 30 years of watching the Albion.

.............sometimes you have to say it as it is!

Now that we've probably seen the last of him can you admit to why you've got such a problem with him?

He's shagged your wife or daughter hasn't he, admit it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now that we've probably seen the last of him can you admit to why you've got such a problem with him?

He's shagged your wife or daughter hasn't he, admit it.

SF takes the EXTREME jaundiced view whenever possible with pretty much everything.

This was the chap who was panicking over the pre-season results remember.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he plays well for Bury while out on loan he should get offers from League 2 clubs wanting him next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
SF takes the EXTREME jaundiced view whenever possible with pretty much everything.

This was the chap who was panicking over the pre-season results remember.

No no no, he HATES Holroyd in a way he has never hated another Albion player. There must be some history there.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Doesn't he have issues with Barnes too?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He did pretty well at Stevenage so I would bet he'll get a few for The Shakers, good luck to the bloke but unless we have a run of serious injuries he'll never get a look in here.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Hold fast, can't you only play for two teams in a season?

He's played for us as a sub IIRC and for Stevenage...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here