Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollister & Co

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just bought a shirt and a couple of polo shirts from the 'Dark Place' in West Quay - including a BEAUTIFUL bright PINK top - it's WELL NICE.

I can also confirm Mr Kraay's observations regading the staff. Very pleasing on the eye.

:thumbsup:

I'm well pleased to hear that Hiney.

I was worried that I was the oldest person to go in there!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
hahahahahahhaa - is it 1994? Do all those clothes go well with your 501s and kickers. f*** me.

kickers, 1994?? you are well in the know eh...........was wearing kickers in 1984... As for all the other labels they are still in production today..............keep up at the back please. hahahahahahahahahaha. f*** me!!:shrug:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Got a load of Hollister shirts whilst I was in Washington. Hadn't really noticed the brand before then but seen loads of people wearing it recently.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
kickers, 1994?? you are well in the know eh...........was wearing kickers in 1984... As for all the other labels they are still in production today..............keep up at the back please. hahahahahahahahahaha. f*** me!!:shrug:

oh you've got him there. I bet Wilko didn't know that 501s were still being made. Nice one Wayne Hemingway. He's probably also doesn't know that it's pointless trying to perfect the Danny Dyer look by shopping in New Bond Street. That's him doubly owned.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I meant the fashions you mentioned were indicitive of the mid 90's. Still if you are happy dressing the same way as the Mitchell brothers circa 1995 then all the best.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I did laugh at some of the staff and the young ripped boy inside and outside A and F in New York.
Tried to ask where the less fitted T shirts where but this young bird just carried on dancing in front of me.
I had to get out after a couple of minutes because of the din in there.
Maybe the worst shopping experience of my life though I loved the rest of the shops over there.
My wife thinks they`re great.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
the hollister is in Tampa is DARK,i couldnt believe how anyone saw a thing in there and the staff must be blinded for the first 20 minutes of their lunch breaks! they did have a wicked huge projector above the tills which streamed live feeds from surf city in LA and showed all the surfers which was cool.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
A & F when I was a child were purveyors of high-end hunting-fishing-camping gear -- you used to see their adverts in the New York Times for fly rods and other expensive kit. Teddy Roosevelt was a customer, and Lindbergh bought stuff from them for his flights. Ripping catalog, much pored over by suburban youth like self.

I still don't know where the present incarnation of the firm came from. I'm guessing they folded in the 1970's when the new lot/blood (well, not really new, Bean's dates from 1919, Orivis is ancient) -- L.L. Bean, Orvis, Eddie Bauer, REI, -- came along.

Still, it's very odd to me. Imagine a Turnbull & Asser down parka....

Last edited:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I meant the fashions you mentioned were indicitive of the mid 90's. Still if you are happy dressing the same way as the Mitchell brothers circa 1995 then all the best.

christ.............you really are a dick.:tosser:

since when have you seen the mitchel brothers wearing milli miglia coats??

not that i watch that drivel called eastbenders

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As a quick update to this, there is now a WELL smart Hollister shop in the West Quay centre in Southampton, staffed entirely by 18 years blonde girls in tiny denim skirts.

Nice stuff. I just bought this little number in BLUE.

I was in there last week, my ship ties up near there every 2 weeks at present. Facking great queue to pay for the stuff.
They're all over the states, like said before, same as A&F, with fit birds flogging the gear.

If anyone has the chance to get to Aventura Mall, Ft Lauderdale, go in A&F there.
The birds are straight out of Playboy, oh my days!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** me you bunch of BENDERS. My clobber is better than your clobber.

Where is Mendoza when you need him??

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Just bought a shirt and a couple of polo shirts from the 'Dark Place' in West Quay - including a BEAUTIFUL bright PINK top - it's WELL NICE.

I can also confirm Mr Kraay's observations regading the staff. Very pleasing on the eye.

:thumbsup:

Sounds like it is almost time to make my first trip into Southampton since I boycotted it due to the opening of Ikea...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Only a bit of harmless banter innit MARCUS. Brett would love the gay fashions, he has just bought a pair of pink flip flops. WICKERRRD.

I know old chap!!!

I still own a pair of 1994 kickers tho.

Still wouldnt be seen dead going into A&F tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here