Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollaway

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
JCL LOL.....I probably been to more Albion games before you were born, than you have since you been living.....

So you guys with thousands of posts can dish it but you can't take it. Too easy!

But just to be clear: they were relegated. Yes?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Holloway is not everyones cup of tea. But he got unfashionable blackpool promoted to the premiership on a low budget. Got them back to the playoff final following relegation only to be beaten by west ham. He has just steered crystal palace to the premiership on a budget similar to our. Poyet has won league one. On the records how is poyet better than holloway.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So you guys with thousands of posts can dish it but you can't take it. Too easy!

But just to be clear: they were relegated. Yes?

I can take it alright. Yes they were relegated with probably the lowest playing budget in prem history.. If you don't think Blackpool made a good fist of it in the prem, them you are in a very small minority...

PS,,,,If you make comments like a 16 yr old, don't be surprised if people take you for one.

Hold on Holloway inherited a team that was in second spot and had to rely on the last ten minutes of the regular league season to secure a play off spot. Most Palace wanted rid of him - he is more of a man for a cup run (which essentially is what the play offs are).

If he keeps them up next season then that WILL be some achievement.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hollaway's team won because they went back to playing the Freedman way (defend high up the pitch, close players down all over the pitch and give the ball to Zaha). The only thing they had to change was the final ball because Murray got injured.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Palace fans ABSOLUTELY HATED him him three weeks ago.

Another deluded Brighton fan...

True fans never doubted him. A few plastics maybe(you should know a lot about these), but the true fans who follow Palace everywhere will support any manager.

Maybe you lot could learn a few lessons from us....

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Another deluded Brighton fan...

True fans never doubted him. A few plastics maybe(you should know a lot about these), but the true fans who follow Palace everywhere will support any manager.

Maybe you lot could learn a few lessons from us....

I know an entire family of palace, and all 3 generations wanted hollowhead gone 6 weeks ago. Fact is that football fans are fickle and our respective clubs are no different in that aspect.

How many of your 33000 today have set foot in Selhurst in the last 5 seasons? How many of those 33000 are plastics?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Pretty easy to do tho eh when you've got Zaha and Murray and Kevin ****ing Phillips. Simple steering job and he almost ****ed it up.

And we've got our own clutch of names .. Kooshack, Bridge, Bridcutt, Buckley etc.

Had a wobble but did a good job, and managed to pick them up when they looked dead and buried. Don't like him but credit where credit's due

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Okay, he does talk a lot, and sometimes its rubbish, but its probably done to deflect the attention away from his players. He wasn't out of order in his quotes about BHA considering what happened at the Amex.
He turned around the fortunes of a club that limped into the play offs into deserved Wembley winners. He is evidently a good manager, just wish others could admit so.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Holloway is not everyones cup of tea. But he got unfashionable blackpool promoted to the premiership on a low budget. Got them back to the playoff final following relegation only to be beaten by west ham. He has just steered crystal palace to the premiership on a budget similar to our. Poyet has won league one. On the records how is poyet better than holloway.

Not only that he hasn't used every media opportunity to promote himself.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
I can take it alright. Yes they were relegated with probably the lowest playing budget in prem history.. If you don't think Blackpool made a good fist of it in the prem, them you are in a very small minority...

PS,,,,If you make comments like a 16 yr old, don't be surprised if people take you for one.

Oh, grow up mate.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
I know an entire family of palace, and all 3 generations wanted hollowhead gone 6 weeks ago. Fact is that football fans are fickle and our respective clubs are no different in that aspect.

How many of your 33000 today have set foot in Selhurst in the last 5 seasons? How many of those 33000 are plastics?

If you noticed I never said we didn't have a few plastics. But for sheer potential support we walk all over you and always will...(look at the history and facts !)

Fact is..being in the London catchment area it is tough to retain local support with the vast number of clubs in the prem already. I just hope now we are up our locals will start to come back, as I know many people who still go but their kids get swept along with the youth of today just wanting instant success and therefore support Arsenal one week and Chelsea the next !

You do not have this problem hence the greater support in more recent times, but another season without success and I think "The Major" may have to remove his thread about support... truth be known you know as well as we do who has the greater support over the LONG term !

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If you noticed I never said we didn't have a few plastics. But for sheer potential support we walk all over you and always will...(look at the history and facts !)

Fact is..being in the London catchment area it is tough to retain local support with the vast number of clubs in the prem already. I just hope now we are up our locals will start to come back, as I know many people who still go but their kids get swept along with the youth of today just wanting instant success and therefore support Arsenal one week and Chelsea the next !

You do not have this problem hence the greater support in more recent times, but another season without success and I think "The Major" may have to remove his thread about support... truth be known you know as well as we do who has the greater support over the LONG term !

Now we have a permanent home of our own our true level of support is clear and obvious for all to see. Personally I hope that a decent amount will now be spent on selhurst as in all honesty its a poor advert for the league its now representing.

Some will see this season as a failure for us, some of us can see that year on year we are improving significantly.

Well done today, enjoy next season as history tells us that you will be back in this league soon enough :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hold on Holloway inherited a team that was in second spot and had to rely on the last ten minutes of the regular league season to secure a play off spot. Most Palace wanted rid of him - he is more of a man for a cup run (which essentially is what the play offs are).

If he keeps them up next season then that WILL be some achievement.

More bullshit from The Major. Holloway took over when we were 4th, we finished 5th and won the playoffs :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here