Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollaway

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
What about Blackpool Edna???...Did they win promotion in spite of him as well, then come very close to staying up while not paying anyone over £10k a week. And being bloody good to watch as well.

So, they were relegated then...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Poyet is much a better manager and Holloway is one ugly guy. Would take Poyet over him any day of the week!

Your entitled to your opinion, of course you are. But how on earth do you come to that conclusion based on their managerial histories??? Poyet is not a better manager based on the fact he has not achieved what Holloway has. That's like saying CMS is a better striker than Murray, who is now a prem player.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good for Holloway.I am pleased for him.
We got what we deserved.
Must be nice for fans not having to listen to a manager whinging on all the time about money,but just getting on with the job.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So, they were relegated then...

One Man Utd player would have been on money money a week than the entire Blackpool squad. Getting relegated on the last day of the season, I would have said was a pretty good season for them. Much better than a lot of teams with far more resources have achieved.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
One Man Utd player would have been on money money a week than the entire Blackpool squad. Getting relegated on the last day of the season, I would have said was a pretty good season for them. Much better than a lot of teams with far more resources have achieved.

So, they were relegated then. JCL :facepalm:

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Not for me thanks.

Palace won promotion in spite of him, not because of him. One decent tactical decision made out of necessity in a play off semi final does not make him a managerial genius, and he'll be once again found out next season.

How have you come to that conclusion ? are you forgetting his time at Blackpool ? He's done it 2ce now. with his available budget, they will be one of the favourites to come down, but don't under estimate the man. Not many people take to him, and I am one of those, but fair dues, give credit where credit is due. Well done Palace & Holloway. But let's hope next season it is us,

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
if that half arsed carrot crunching **** was anywhere near The Albion I'd give up my season ticket.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
I cant understand why people are so anti Holloway. He is one of the very few English managers who can gain success with a squad of rather ordinary players. He did it at Blackpool and now he's repeated it at Palace. Neither were great sides with famous players but he got them to the Promised Land. There are very few managers of his capabilities in England. You dont hear him winging about limited budgets, he gets on with making the players he has at his disposal into better players. I think Gus Poyet could learn an awful lot from someone like Holloway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How have you come to that conclusion ? are you forgetting his time at Blackpool ? He's done it 2ce now. with his available budget, they will be one of the favourites to come down, but don't under estimate the man. Not many people take to him, and I am one of those, but fair dues, give credit where credit is due. Well done Palace & Holloway. But let's hope next season it is us,

This season he inherited Zaha and Murray and some fine defenders. It's like Peter Taylor's steering job when Adams #1 left. All Holloway had to do was make minor tweaks and keep the momentum going. The nine match no-win spell shows he came THAT close to ****ing it up. Nice of the Albion and Watford to roll over and give him a happy ending. Nice bloke, but he came THAT close to blowing it. And don't he know it.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
If that had of been Albion v Watford today there would of been lots of pretty football, probably a couple of great wonder goals. Holloway just proved again how to beat the flair sides. I thought Palace were brilliant today. Good luck to them and Holloway

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm amazed how many people would so easily give up their season tickets on this site. Redknapp, Holloway, Curbishley. Jesus wept if we got any of those we would be playing in front of an half empty stadium. On the other hand we might see some attacking football and there tickets will be snapped up pretty quickly. Personally I go to watch the team I support since 1979 and believe me there has been some pretty awful managers in that time and some pretty dull football,including the last few years. With a few games exceptions, exciting it has not been for the most part.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not the mug so many on here said and also a lot of Palace Fans. Well done Ian for rising above it and proving so many people wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here