Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Test requirements now confirmed as ending 4am Friday 11 February - not sure why they don’t just end them today but that does coincide with half-term which will be convenient for some.

Yes agree Bozza- the destination country restrictions still need to be checked.

I saw an article saying Mexico have had no restrictions / requirements throughout covid - so maybe one to look at if seeking to avoid the hassles etc.

Re Mexico depends where you want to go. For some bars / late night venues the cartels have been forcing tourists to pay $40 pp for a 'test' at the door before you get in.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sounds like the requirement for unjabbed to self-isolate for 10 days on return to uk is also going. But they will still need to do tests.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
New Forest, the Peak District and the Lakes this year, steering well clear of Continental Europe this year, Covid out of control in France and the Russians about to invade from the east.
I’m out.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Last UK measure, possibly, but some countries still have testing requirements.

To go to the US you are still required to test negative the day before you fly. That's always been the main one that can really scupper your plans.

We go out on the 12th, Its only a LFT as i understand it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As above, it has to be a supervised LFT, either physically face-to-face or via online video.

We're using DocHQ for our online video LFTs on the 19th (so, booked for early in the morning on the 18th).

The tests arrived via tracked Royal Mail so all seems ok thus far.

This link should include a 30% discount: https://dochq.co.uk/shop/?customer_discount=CTNHQ30

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

As above, it has to be a supervised LFT, either physically face-to-face or via online video.

We're using DocHQ for our online video LFTs on the 19th (so, booked for early in the morning on the 18th).

This link should include a 30% discount: https://dochq.co.uk/shop/?customer_discount=CTNHQ30

If this is any use just ask. I won’t be using it and I’d rather it not be wasted.

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?392038-Express-Test-voucher

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Thanks for this

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
So, given the slight chink of light at the end of the tunnel, I've been giving holiday plans some thought again. As it happens, I speculatively booked a holiday for the four of us (wife and two nippers) for this coming August, back in September last year as things were relatively stable and I could see things going a bit nuts price-wise if and when things got better.

I booked a package holiday through BA, for 18 nights staying at the Waldorf Astoria. So, assuming all goes well, we're pretty much set on that front; the only thing we don't have sorted is park tickets and transport. In terms of park tickets, what's the best way to do this given we're staying slightly longer than a fortnight? The kids will be 8 and 6 so will probably be more focused in the Disney stuff, but we definitely want to do Universal too.

Transport-wise, I've thought about hiring a car however I'm not sure I can be arsed. It's gonna be hot, and the kids will inevitably stress me out from time-to-time so I know I'm going to want to have a beer or two at some point. The hotel is a Disney partner hotel, so we get free transfers to and from the Disney Parks. Beyond that, I'd have hoped Uber would be able to pick up the slack however I'm not 100% sure as Uber wasn't a thing when I was last in Orlando.

Thoughts and any tips welcome.

Cheers!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So, given the slight chink of light at the end of the tunnel, I've been giving holiday plans some thought again. As it happens, I speculatively booked a holiday for the four of us (wife and two nippers) for this coming August, back in September last year as things were relatively stable and I could see things going a bit nuts price-wise if and when things got better.

I booked a package holiday through BA, for 18 nights staying at the Waldorf Astoria. So, assuming all goes well, we're pretty much set on that front; the only thing we don't have sorted is park tickets and transport. In terms of park tickets, what's the best way to do this given we're staying slightly longer than a fortnight? The kids will be 8 and 6 so will probably be more focused in the Disney stuff, but we definitely want to do Universal too.

Transport-wise, I've thought about hiring a car however I'm not sure I can be arsed. It's gonna be hot, and the kids will inevitably stress me out from time-to-time so I know I'm going to want to have a beer or two at some point. The hotel is a Disney partner hotel, so we get free transfers to and from the Disney Parks. Beyond that, I'd have hoped Uber would be able to pick up the slack however I'm not 100% sure as Uber wasn't a thing when I was last in Orlando.

Thoughts and any tips welcome.

Cheers!

Have always hired a car in Orlando………makes life a lot easier including for restaurants after the parks too and means you have complete flexibility on times. Outside of the shuttle’s there’s no public transport that worked tbh (for us anyway). Haven’t looked recently but the ‘Orlando Freedom ticket’ that covers all parks used to allow 14 (Disney) visits within an18 day window so that would cover your trip ?

Edit - https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...nation-ticket-packages/orlando-freedom-ticket

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Have always hired a car in Orlando………makes life a lot easier including for restaurants after the parks too and means you have complete flexibility on times. Outside of the shuttle’s there’s no public transport that worked tbh (for us anyway). Haven’t looked recently but the ‘Orlando Freedom ticket’ that covers all parks used to allow 14 (Disney) visits within an18 day window so that would cover your trip ?

Edit - https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...nation-ticket-packages/orlando-freedom-ticket

Thanks Dazzer - does it generally matter who you buy the tickets through?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here