Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm in touch with a bar owner in Magalluf.
He has kept me updated over the summer to how things are going. To start with all the bars were given strict rules to follow but could open. The hotels then started to open. Early summer and 75% open but then the main bars ordered to close followed by Boris shutting Spain with the restrictions. As quickly as the hotels had opened they shut down again. This was followed by most of the bars shutting as no tourists.
My point here being that a holiday booked today may not be available next week.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
On the train down to Brighton for our annual week’s visit. Only holiday this year.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Went on a road trip Dresden-Prague-nurnberg.

Prague pretty much didn’t see a single person in four days wearing a mask inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Went to the Algarve for 3 weeks. It was still on the quarantine list when we went and plane only half full. Lots of Spanish tourists and normal number of French and German. We stayed out west and the beaches are easily big enough to handle crowds. After the travel corridor was reinstated started seeing a few more Brits about. We came back on our planned return date just as the rumours started that quarantine was going to be reintroduced. The plane was packed including people who'd paid an arm and leg to shorten their stay. Felt sorry for them. The shops and restaurants where we were (Lagos) were sorted well. About half of people wore masks on the streets. The number of new cases in the Algarve is very low despite the tourists. The biggest daily increase (37) was down to a football team who got 33 cases in their bubble!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What if they flat share? What if they are a family with both parents that need to work?

A lot of the global issues have been caused by inadequate home quarantine measures or adherence - It's a minefield!

What if they are in that situation and test positive another way - tube/work etc

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
What if they flat share? What if they are a family with both parents that need to work?

A lot of the global issues have been caused by inadequate home quarantine measures or adherence - It's a minefield!

Well they shouldn't be travelling the world in the middle of a pandemic.Lock them up for a fortnight in a detention centre, that'll teach them not to be so stupid :angry:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
What if they are in that situation and test positive another way - tube/work etc
Then they should be treated the same was as a returning holidaymaker (is that a word?).

The problem we have with quarantine at the moment is that it's useless, it's too easy to dodge. If you are under quarantine then you and your family should be given the technology to ensure that you do so adequately, and punishments put in place should you breach. If not, get rid of the whole idea and go full on herd immunity.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just had an email from DFDS cancelling my Newhaven - Dieppe crossing in October. Had made the booking in the summer when it was ridiculously cheap but it is an overnight crossing so I'd booked a cabin. They've emailed to say they are closing all cabins from now on so I'm getting refunded. Not that we would have gone if we had to quarantine on return (due to work), but that wasn't in place when we booked so well worth a try for the low fare we paid. Oh well.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone been dealing with Villa Plus? Their website says I'm due a voucher to use in the next 3 years but had no emails or nothing. Sounds like they've screwed thousands of people over

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Seven Greek Islands added to the list.

Including Crete - where I was going next week.

Both the the R rate and number of infections there is so much lower than here.

Anyone know how EasyJet are treating such matters - i.e. the plane will still fly, but we cannot go - do we lose our money or can we move flights?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Including Crete - where I was going next week.

Both the the R rate and number of infections there is so much lower than here.

Anyone know how EasyJet are treating such matters - i.e. the plane will still fly, but we cannot go - do we lose our money or can we move flights?

Legally - if the flight operates then you are expected to go. However many airlines will offer a voucher if you choose not to go - but that period of when you must choose by varies by airline + also when you booked. Best to check the EasyJet website

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus-faqs

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
HTML:
Thank God I got the ferry to Belfast and missed all the quarantines. Lovely morning on the beach today.
2C75F73E-9399-4429-9EC6-D9D845EFE05B.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here