Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Anyway. I’m going on holiday next week to Bamberg! Well, it’s a long weekend actually and I’m going on the train. [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] will especially be pleased with my non-flying stay-cation :thumbsup: I’ll send you both a postcard.

I’m sure the local beer that tastes like TCP will kill off any trace of the virus

D

Deleted member 2719

Anyway. I’m going on holiday next week to Bamberg! Well, it’s a long weekend actually and I’m going on the train. [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] will especially be pleased with my non-flying stay-cation :thumbsup: I’ll send you both a postcard.

Good call HT.

I can picture it now, have a good time babes.:wink:

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2020-07-30-10-35-43.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2020-07-30-10-35-43.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 125

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Lucky you! Whereabouts? Have a great time - Very hot in most parts at the moment.

We love Greece (Been to 23 different Islands, including Crete more than a dozen times, and various parts of the mainland.)

I have 10 days booked for Crete in September - no idea whether we'll be going or not - VERY low rates of infection there, but if EasyJet don't fill the plane I guess it won't go.

When we booked flights were about £170 return each - now less than £100.00

Thanks! Starting in Athens and then going island hopping to Mykonos, Santorini and Crete. Greece seems to have done quite well in terms of low infection rate but with increased tourism who knows what may happen. Fingers crossed it’ll all be fine.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Nothing planned, but then again, we never go away between July and September.
I don't think we will be going on our usual autumn break either.
We've basically written this year off and hope for better times ahead without SD and masks etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I want to know what holiday plans Ashworth has - at this rate our transfer business will be done by the end of the week so he must have a big trip booked :O

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Hypothetically, if you are flying into a UK airport from a country on the 'quarantine' list, is there anything to stop you filling in the form saying you've come from somewhere not on the list if you know a plane has just landed from that country?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hypothetically, if you are flying into a UK airport from a country on the 'quarantine' list, is there anything to stop you filling in the form saying you've come from somewhere not on the list if you know a plane has just landed from that country?

I guess you could but imagine it would be fairly simple to be found out. The airline will know the name of everybody on a particular flight so it wouldn't need rocket science to see if everyone filled in the form correctly.

Flight arrives from Spain with 200 passengers but only 199 people have put that on their form.
Flight arrives from Greece with 200 passengers but 201 people have put that on their form.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just tell the truth and ignore the quarantine no one will check .... Only one person has been fined since the scheme has been set up

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I guess you could but imagine it would be fairly simple to be found out. The airline will know the name of everybody on a particular flight so it wouldn't need rocket science to see if everyone filled in the form correctly.

Flight arrives from Spain with 200 passengers but only 199 people have put that on their form.
Flight arrives from Greece with 200 passengers but 201 people have put that on their form.

True that. Also I just checked the gov.uk website here https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk and you have to provide a booking reference.
However, from what I've heard from friends coming back from Europe and read about on this and other messageboards, Border Force were disinterested and asked to handle passengers' phones to enlarge the screen, without any attempt to sanitise their hands before or after, thereby becoming perfect potential super-spreaders!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Just booked a lovely looking B&B overlooking Weymouth harbour for the first week in September. Now just hoping for a decent week weather wise. Plenty to do and see down there, so rather looking forward to our first ever UK holiday!

We loved Weymouth harbour very pretty with lots of small bars dotted around to watch the world go by. Pretty sure you can do boat trips to Poole and Swanage too. Fingers crossed for the weather for you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strange situation where we are Jet2 people all being sent home early and we are being moved to another hotel as the one we are in shuts on Monday

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just tell the truth and ignore the quarantine no one will check .... Only one person has been fined since the scheme has been set up

Surely the amount of people fined it not relevant, its the number of people infected due to ignoring quarantine who subsequently die or infect somebody else that dies that is.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Surely the amount of people fined it not relevant, its the number of people infected due to ignoring quarantine who subsequently die or infect somebody else that dies that is.
True but what's the point of quarantining if you go to an island with covid cases far below the UK per % of population...

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
So glad we're not having to endure we're going, we're not going palava with a foreign holiday.

St Ives tomorrow for a week and four days in Whitstable in a few weeks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
True but what's the point of quarantining if you go to an island with covid cases far below the UK per % of population...

Because that what the government is advising to do, irrespective of whether you agree with them or not. Unless there are zero covid cases how can you be 100% sure you won't get infected. Unless 100% of people on an island are tested how do you know if its is 100% clear, zero untested cases doesn't account for those who are asymptomatic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here