Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Way too much aggro at the moment, with the added tension of will we won't we right up to the last minute.

So no.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Charming. Let me know when the next tsunami happens, or the next nuclear power station blows up, then we can piss ourselves as well.

Go ahead and laugh all you like at people dying but that says more about you even making that comparison. I just find it amusing some people who took the risk of going overseas during a pandemic are surprised and blaming others they're being quarantined, seriously!? It's not their situation I find amusing it's the crap that was coming out of their mouths.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone here live Dorset way? We've completely given up on the idea of going abroad this year now, but still have two weeks booked late August, and were thinking of a few days in Weymouth, but would like to know if pubs/restaurants are open/fully booked up or whatever?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Anyone here live Dorset way? We've completely given up on the idea of going abroad this year now, but still have two weeks booked late August, and were thinking of a few days in Weymouth, but would like to know if pubs/restaurants are open/fully booked up or whatever?

We just got back from Warmwell lodges and had a great time. We went to Lulworth cove and durdle door. We had a day in Weymouth and everything was fully open.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going to Norwich to see family. That’s it. Before anyone goes on about multiple fingers family is from Sussex!

Do you have over 10 relatives but only 4 family members?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Going to Greece on Sunday for my honeymoon. We had planned on postponing but it would have cost us the best part of 6 grand to re-book :eek: So we’re going...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thinking of doing a week on a canal boat in September

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Looks like only Luxembourg , Belgium and maybe Croatia to be added to 2 week list this week.

I'm headed to France on Sunday so happy with that. France probably got about 2 weeks before hitting the list at current increase rates !!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Go ahead and laugh all you like at people dying but that says more about you even making that comparison. I just find it amusing some people who took the risk of going overseas during a pandemic are surprised and blaming others they're being quarantined, seriously!? It's not their situation I find amusing it's the crap that was coming out of their mouths.

Agree with you.

It was always a massive risk to go abroad and to plead that its not fair now to be quarantined just sounds ridiculous to me.

I personally think the risks are being massively overstated but there is no way in a million years I would have gone abroad this summer given the underlying paranoia which still seems to prevail. A staycation is either because you are cautious or sensible or both.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its obviously Cummings getting his own back..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks like only Luxembourg , Belgium and maybe Croatia to be added to 2 week list this week.

I'm headed to France on Sunday so happy with that. France probably got about 2 weeks before hitting the list at current increase rates !!

BBC TV news abandoned the UK politics hyperbole bit tonight and followed the WHO update on the very real increases in the number of cases happening in Spain, Hong Kong, Germany in parts and elsewhere. Scientists are saying in essence, stemming from young adults ignoring social distancing laws/guidance. Catalonia have closed all nightclubs for the same reason.

Whilst other nations such as Italy have CV19 well controlled.

A mixed picture. Hopefully the quick action of the Spanish and others will prevent this snowballing.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sky News this morning did an analysis of risk based on infection rates and the volume of UK holiday makers going to each country. France came out as the top risk country which is not yet in the quarantine list, due to a low infection rate but high number of UK holiday makers going there.

Countries like Luxembourg much lower down on the risk list despite higher infection rates because much fewer trips made to there.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sky News this morning did an analysis of risk based on infection rates and the volume of UK holiday makers going to each country. France came out as the top risk country which is not yet in the quarantine list, due to a low infection rate but high number of UK holiday makers going there.

Countries like Luxembourg much lower down on the risk list despite higher infection rates because much fewer trips made to there.
That's not quite true. Spain is the highest risk country by some distance at least 3x France on their analysis. But Frances numbers are creeping up. 1400 cases yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sure but I said France the highest risk without the quarantine measure in place- so could be next.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fine. But I still think your original comment was a crap one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway. I’m going on holiday next week to Bamberg! Well, it’s a long weekend actually and I’m going on the train. [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] will especially be pleased with my non-flying stay-cation :thumbsup: I’ll send you both a postcard.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We just got back from Warmwell lodges and had a great time. We went to Lulworth cove and durdle door. We had a day in Weymouth and everything was fully open.

Just booked a lovely looking B&B overlooking Weymouth harbour for the first week in September. Now just hoping for a decent week weather wise. Plenty to do and see down there, so rather looking forward to our first ever UK holiday!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Going to Greece on Sunday for my honeymoon. We had planned on postponing but it would have cost us the best part of 6 grand to re-book :eek: So we’re going...

Lucky you! Whereabouts? Have a great time - Very hot in most parts at the moment.

We love Greece (Been to 23 different Islands, including Crete more than a dozen times, and various parts of the mainland.)

I have 10 days booked for Crete in September - no idea whether we'll be going or not - VERY low rates of infection there, but if EasyJet don't fill the plane I guess it won't go.

When we booked flights were about £170 return each - now less than £100.00

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Anyway. I’m going on holiday next week to Bamberg! Well, it’s a long weekend actually and I’m going on the train. [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] will especially be pleased with my non-flying stay-cation :thumbsup: I’ll send you both a postcard.

Make sure you wear your mask!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here