Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday beers

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
not bringing a large case of the good stuff back by any chance??
i know a girl who knows a place in nottingham that sells it, but s.e.asia does sound a far more attractive proposition!

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
Going to Oregon, USA next week, and I am told they have many local brews. If so, I shall try and sample them all.

If you happen to find yourself in Portland, check this one out. Superbly refreshing, even more so if poured correctly. :)

DSCN4063.JPG

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
not bringing a large case of the good stuff back by any chance??
i know a girl who knows a place in nottingham that sells it, but s.e.asia does sound a far more attractive proposition!

Dont think i'll be lugging any home unfortunately, will just have to get my fill while im out there. At 5000 kip for a large bottle (70p) you can really go to town on it

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Not really a holiday beer as such but Samuel Adams Summer Ale is a decent bet for anyone in the US of A over the summer months. In fact you can't really go too far wrong with any Samuel Adams beer. Except the Irish Red which is the devil's semen.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Ales in England. As I travelled the country I would find the ales and just work my way through as many at the pub I was at. The whole pulling of the handle out of the cask thing something different to me but offered many fantastic beverages! The bitters I enjoyed as well and the Harveys was the best I had of the lot.

Not really a holiday beer as such but Samuel Adams Summer Ale is a decent bet for anyone in the US of A over the summer months. In fact you can't really go too far wrong with any Samuel Adams beer. Except the Irish Red which is the devil's semen.

Their Boston Lager is good and available from Majestic wines in the UK. Not very green as it is imported from the USA but more honest than the continental fizz brewed under licence here but pretending to be from elsewhere.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
For me, one of the best things about going on holiday is sampling the local brews. And if there's one brew in particular that stands out as a holiday beer of merit, it's this stuff:

2006012608590106_Ozujsko_krigle.jpg

Croatia's finest, Ozujsko.

Dirt cheap, refreshing, available everywhere. Loved it.

So what holiday beers do you have fond memories of?

Although just got back from Croatia yesterday and this was mighty fine too along with Toceno Dark

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is Red Erik and it comes from Denmark (i'm sure you figured that). I've never had the fortune to sample it in it's country of origin but it was part of my diet when I lived in Val d'Isere for a few years (god bless the petit Danois). It's very sweet and get's you smashed pretty quick, but is bloody tasty
rederik.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here