Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday beers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
red-sripe-ad.jpg

First time I was in Jamaica I went into the local village bar first day and asked, obviously, for a Red Stripe. Girl behind the bar says 'U wanna hot one?' Um, NO, it was 90 degrees outside. Turns out that Jamaicans insist that cold beer gives them gut ache!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
First time I was in Jamaica I went into the local village bar first day and asked, obviously, for a Red Stripe. Girl behind the bar says 'U wanna hot one?' Um, NO, it was 90 degrees outside. Turns out that Jamaicans insist that cold beer gives them gut ache!

Is place dropping an actual term like name dropping Tom ?

Jan 30, 2008
got some TYSKIE PORTER in paphos a few years back they were doing a promotion at the hotel ,8% ,the real deal after a day in 36c temps:facepalm:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Currently sampling one of these as i write, watching the sun go down over Ag. Stephanos, Corfu..

YES. Mythos is an OUTSTANDING beverage.

Going to Oregon, USA next week, and I am told they have many local brews. If so, I shall try and sample them all.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Red Stripe in Jamaica tasted SO much nicer than it ever does here

Went to Jamaica as part of my honeymoon and was really enjoying the proper red stripe. On our Air Jamaica flight back from Montego Bay to the US I thought I'd have one last can. I was so disappointed to find that the can given to me on Air Jamaica was brewed by Charles Wells in Bedford!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Effes is seriously good and looking forward to necking quite a few of these in Turkey this summer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was in Boston a couple of months ago and got stuck into the Harpoon IPA. By the way, had a delivery from Meantime today: 24 London Lager, 6 big bottles of London Porter and 12 Pilseners. It makes me feel like I'm on holiday.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looking forward to reacquainting myself with this stuff in Turkey again this year.

efes-pilsen-beer.gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looking forward to reacquainting myself with this stuff in Turkey again this year.

efes-pilsen-beer.gif

As Usher sang Oh my Gosh - that is for me as well in Turkey, where are you going and when ?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm going to Pontins so i will have to make do with Fosters, watered down as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here