Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday Allowance At Work

How Many Days leave (excluding Bank Holidays) does your employer allow you ?

• Under 20

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 20 - 25

Votes: 40 40.8%
  • 26 - 30

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • My employer is a bastard and gives me nought

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 31-35

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • 35+

Votes: 14 14.3%

• Total voters

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I used to be happy with 20 days plus Bank Holidays, but now I have kids, it feels more and more inadequate, especially as I will have been with my current company for 10 years on 1st December, but won't get any more days off

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I get 26 days holiday a year plus Bank holidays.

Mind you i have worked for the company since i left school 19 years ago.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
think about 20-ish i think , i do weird shifts which doesn't help (ranging from 5 - 9 1/2 hours each)

Dandyman

In London village.
My employer has refused to add any additional days to our existing entitlement (20 + 1 for each year of service.)

:angry:

Check your Written Statement of Particulars ("contract") to see if Bank Holidays are included inyour holiday allowance or not. If not, they may be in breach of law.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i give 25 days plus 1 for each year worked. bank holidays on top and we shut down between christmas and new year.

someone on the floor came to me with this new regulations and wanted his'extra' days. yeah alright. i will stay open over christmas and include the bank holiday then see how many extra days you get. some people are never happy.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
A new law came into effect on 1st Oct stating that all TEMPORARY workers are now entitled to 25 days holiday a year. If you are a temp, you may want to check this out. If not, and your company employs temps - you may want to question why a temp is entitled to more holiday than a permanant employee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here