Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hodgson resigns?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Actually you are comparing two different years. Our wage bill was £77.5 million in the same season yours was £117.3. Your club hasn’t yet made its latest set of accounts public (I’m sure we’ve been here before) so we don’t know what the current gap is.

That’ll be a long wait, their shifty Directors like filing the accounts very late, way past the statutory deadline of 9 months after the financial period end. Subterfuge as they think of ways to get around FFP?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hear he was seriously pissed off because, and I quote “Benteke used an army of dwarves in a melee” which totally outfoxed him in their post match Worrhamuh session. Rumour has it he was “royally ****ed off” with Guaita, not for his calamitous own goal but his deployment of an iron orc alongside Benteke’s aforementioned dwarf attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLuan5lNVOg

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Actually you are comparing two different years. Our wage bill was £77.5 million in the same season yours was £117.3. Your club hasn’t yet made its latest set of accounts public (I’m sure we’ve been here before) so we don’t know what the current gap is.

I’m aware we haven’t submitted them yet, that’s why I said our last set of accounts.
I believe our wage bill to be of a similar level.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That’ll be a long wait, their shifty Directors like filing the accounts very late, way past the statutory deadline of 9 months after the financial period end. Subterfuge as they think of ways to get around FFP?

With the Wan Bissaka money in those accounts, I don’t think we’re in danger of breaching FFP.
Tbh, Brighton will be nearer to breaching it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With the Wan Bissaka money in those accounts, I don’t think we’re in danger of breaching FFP.

Not with the agreed loan-to-buy of Knockaert and the incoming Locadia fee.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

seem to recall the Wan Bissaka money was required to pay off a transfer fee debt that became due in this year's financials..
Could be wrong, but We'll have to wait and wait and wait and see.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Roy and Zaha getting frisky post-match, Roy snorting some devil’s dandruff off Zaha’s ring, what the hell else would he be implying?

Petty point scoring aside, Roy has got more integrity and honour in his little finger than some of you have in your whole bodies.
Very poor show gents.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Then why all the anger on BBS and Holmesdale this evening, take a look? The vast majority scathing of Parish and the Yank owners. 100’s of vitriolic posts.

You’re a lone, overly defensive, voice.

Is he registered on BBS?

I thought he spent all his time on here :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I’m aware we haven’t submitted them yet, that’s why I said our last set of accounts.
I believe our wage bill to be of a similar level.

No you weren't you thought you were making a direct comparison and trying to score points by making our wage structures look similar. Your set of accounts, whenever your shady board get round to publishing them, will show a rise, Max Myler isn't cheap and didn't SEGW sign a new contract as well. I expect the gap to close slightly but our accounts were for our second season at this level so of course our spending is going to rise a bit.

Now I may be wrong but isn't the Wan Bissaka transfer coming in the 2019 accounts, not the ones for 2018 that are being published by clubs at the moment? Also haven't you already asked for an early repayment or borrowed against those future payments. I'm sure I read something to that effect.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I love the attempt by a Palace fan to claim some sort of moral high ground here, given the accusations of racism that have been aimed at Brighton, not to mention the constant homophobia, on his own team's board - a board which is nowhere near as tolerant of letting away fans mingle with the general population as NSC is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now I may be wrong but isn't the Wan Bissaka transfer coming in the 2019 accounts, not the ones for 2018 that are being published by clubs at the moment? Also haven't you already asked for an early repayment or borrowed against those future payments. I'm sure I read something to that effect.

I believe this is 'normal'.

Some dullard talking to his new friend, showbiz fwiend, was once sucking the life out of that very subject. :lol: :kiss:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I believe this is 'normal'.

Some dullard talking to his new friend, showbiz fwiend, was once sucking the life out of that very subject. :lol: :kiss:

I know its a fairly normal practice, but our palace friend was trying to imply this money was sat there untouched ready to bring up the bottom line of the accounts, when it clearly isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here