Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HNY? It all ready is - CMS back by end Jan according to club doc!!

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
1. It wasn't a sitter
2. I've seen CMS miss a lot more sitters than Barnes. He tends to shoot straight at the keeper.
3. I don't think his pace will be as good after his injuries.

1 - Yes it was! I would have finished that after 6 pints and 4 rum + cokes!
2- Barnes is not a prolific goal scorder (he does do a very good job most of the time in other areas) but his temperament and attitude are questionable.
3 - Valid point, and probably right but fingers crossed

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Great to see CMS back soon, but not expecting too much of him this season. Will no doubt pick up another minor knock after returning as is quite often the case with players coming back from long term injuries. Get him back and involved in the squad with mainly sub appearances for the rest of the season, then with a good pre season behind him, see him smash it next year

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Great to see CMS back soon, but not expecting too much of him this season. Will no doubt pick up another minor knock after returning as is quite often the case with players coming back from long term injuries. Get him back and involved in the squad with mainly sub appearances for the rest of the season, then with a good pre season behind him, see him smash it next year

What his other leg

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Interesting to see some think his pace won't return post injuries. Though this is often the case with many players, I never thought CMS had much pace to begin with so this as a quality isn't a worry for me. I think his knack of right place right time IF played with a complimentary player like Ulloa will finally bring the best out of him for the Albion. Avalanche of goals predicted at the business end of the season!! Welcome back Craig!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Which chance are you two arguing about, the one that came after agustien headed it and the keeper parried it at the ground near Barnes and it bounced up awkwardly? Positionally it was a good chance, but it wasn't really a sitter because of the awkward bounce - and CMS isn't renowned for his first touch.

Or do you mean the far post header that went wide? Because even if he'd got that on target there were two defenders and a goal keeper to beat from a narrow angle.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Which chance are you two arguing about, the one that came after agustien headed it and the keeper parried it at the ground near Barnes and it bounced up awkwardly? Positionally it was a good chance, but it wasn't really a sitter because of the awkward bounce - and CMS isn't renowned for his first touch.

Or do you mean the far post header that went wide? Because even if he'd got that on target there were two defenders and a goal keeper to beat from a narrow angle.

More so the first chance, but at this level there is an argument to say both!
Barnes is very much a confidence player and when things are going against him he is next to useless! you can see it in his face... and then we get the contstant appeaals to the referee everytime an oposition player goes near him.
For me Barnes would be 3rd choice striker behind Leo + CMS, a striker to be used of the bench (always looks sharper of the bench or back from a rest/suspension) or incase of injury.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Barnes 29 goals; CMS 21 goals with Brighton, in the Championship.
I know CMS has been injured but that also makes Barnes a more reliable player imo.

I believe on a goals per game or minutes per goal ratio they are very similar. Barnes had a better first championship season, cms had a better second season, combined they were pretty much the same.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Barnes 29 goals; CMS 21 goals with Brighton, in the Championship.
I know CMS has been injured but that also makes Barnes a more reliable player imo.

Figures can be manipulated however you want -
2012/2013 Season Facts (League appearances )

CMS - 29 games 11 Goals
AB - 34 games 8 Goals

And if we take it back to the 2011/2012 Season when we aquired CMS to now
CMS - 74 Games 20 Goals
AB - 98 Games 24 Goals (with effectivly a full season over and above CMS)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
1. It wasn't a sitter
2. I've seen CMS miss a lot more sitters than Barnes. He tends to shoot straight at the keeper.
3. I don't think his pace will be as good after his injuries.

2- Barnes is not a prolific goal scorder (he does do a very good job most of the time in other areas) but his temperament and attitude are questionable.
3 - Valid point, and probably right but fingers crossed

I'm going to sound like brightonmark here, but can't we just wait and see what he brings to the team before writing off either him or Ash?
Oh and Barnes' attitude should not be in question this year. He's been exemplary.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Completely depends on whether he still has his pace.

If

YES:

He'll be a SUPERB super sub and occasional starter against a side we can throw everything at.

NO:

Cash in ASAP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here