Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Histon vs. Leeds

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My favourite bit of the game was when a large contingent of (I presume) Leeds fans near the commentary box started singing "ITV is f***ing shit" very loudly.

They only got through about three lines before the sound was mysteriously lost from the (ITV) broadcast
:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My favourite bit of the game was when a large contingent of (I presume) Leeds fans near the commentary box started singing "ITV is f***ing shit" very loudly.

They only got through about three lines before the sound was mysteriously lost from the (ITV) broadcast

I remember a Sunderland game screened live when Mick McCarthy was manager.. he was at the edge of his "Technical Area" which in this case should have been re-named " Swear Box " .. he was trying to get one of his defenders to pick up on marking someone... must have been about 20 F@@@ing This, F@@@ing that before they managed to isolate and shut down the mike ..... Classic

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I heard some 13 year old kid shout: OI REF YOU f***ing WANKER!!! YOU LITTLE SKINNY ****! I'M GONNA f***ing COME DOWN THERE AND BEAT THE f***ing SHIT OUT OF YOU, TOSSER!

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Matt's dad is an Albion fan. Although he loyally follows his son's games now.

Yes he is. I used to stand with him on the East terrace

Matt is a West Ham fan but used to watch the Albion a lot. He went from Watford to Cambridge City to Histon and is now a postman, he uses all his holiday up on travel days!!!

Brilliant and he is my cousin, superb

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the best things about televised games from smaller or older grounds is the fact that you can hear only too clearly some of the comments from the crowd. You just don't get that at the Emirates or Old Trafford.

It still gives me a juvenile snigger when I hear some grumpy old gimmer shout out "referee, you haven't got a f***ing CLUE" at a volume that is clearly audible on TV, resulting in an embarrassed and totally unnecessary half time apology from the anchorman.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I heard some 13 year old kid shout: OI REF YOU f***ing WANKER!!! YOU LITTLE SKINNY ****! I'M GONNA f***ing COME DOWN THERE AND BEAT THE f***ing SHIT OUT OF YOU, TOSSER!
Was this R M Taylor at Peterborough in 2003 ? :lol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Leeds United, can you hear me, Camberwick Green, Emmerdale, Ambridge, Royston Veysey, Histon...you were beaten by a village team, your boys took one hell of a beating!

Apparently the Leeds chairman sent a petition to the FA, asking them to pass an emergency resolution to ban pub teams from entering the FA Cup next season...just in case!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
One of the best things about televised games from smaller or older grounds is the fact that you can hear only too clearly some of the comments from the crowd. You just don't get that at the Emirates or Old Trafford.

It still gives me a juvenile snigger when I hear some grumpy old gimmer shout out "referee, you haven't got a f***ing CLUE" at a volume that is clearly audible on TV, resulting in an embarrassed and totally unnecessary half time apology from the anchorman.

It happens in radio commentaries too. I have a "juvenile snigger" when I recall the time I listened to the live commentary of a fight between Alan Minter and Marvin Hagler.

It was a world title fight in the Wembley arena. Harry Carpenter was commentating and Henry Cooper gave inter round summaries. The fight was stopped in Hagler's favour as Minter had cut up badly, but the partisan crowd thought that Hagler had been using his head illegally throughout the fight.

Loud booing could be heard on the radio as Harry Carpenter tried to make himself heard. This was followed shortly by Harry saying that he and Henry were having to get under the ring's apron to avoid the beer bottles that were descending from the arena. Two loud smashes of broken bottles came out loud and clear with Henry Cooper's distinct cockney voice, "f***ing HELL!"

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The thing I enjoyed was the the lack of mock delight when the draw took place and they got Swansea. Normally a team the wins like that live on tv and they really ham it up when they get drawn ,whoever the opposition. Histon players looked genuinely pissed off to get the taffs!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would have been better still if they'd all gone "oh for f***'s sake, what a waste" and refused to speak to ITV, but I guess the look on their faces pretty much said it anyway.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
:yahoo:Fair play you can all assume that I am hidden away in a cardboard box and cannot hear a bloody thing !!!!!............I honestly have only just found out that Leeds LOST !!!!:yahoo::yahoo:

Oh by the way......how is Churchill doing as prime minister these days ??? :lol:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005

Classic tv ...... I noticed they cut it out of the highlights later on: click here - :laugh:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Turns out a group of Leeds fans nicked one of the pitch-side microphones, which is why their eloquent critique of ITV came out so clearly.

It's not big, it's not clever...but come on, you're all laughing, aren't you? :lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They may have cut it out of the highlights, but they couldn't keep it off youtube - I give you "ITV is f***ing shit" by the Leeds Away Fans (available in all good stores - ideal Christmas present for Granny.

[yt]16VJT4XCZSk[/yt]

what I couldn't find was the naked Histon player who was broadcast to the world during ITV's live coverage of the third round draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here