Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hippies

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What's the point? I mean, what do they do, apart from nothing? What value do they add?

You had to be young in the late 60's to appreciate hippies,the music,and the general casting off of the old order.It really took until then for the post war gloom and austerity to finally disappear.
Very idealistic,but a great time to be young!:thumbsup:

I think that lots of cultural movements since the 60's owe a lot to the ideals that came to the fore in the hippie ere, and the effects of the philosophy of freedom of self expression are still felt. Without this, no Bowie, no glam rock, no punk, no new romantic, and no alternative scene.
Freedom to do what you wanted by not being constrained by the values of your parents opened up the possibility of whole new way of life for their generation and those that followed.

Plus the girls looked great dancing about with their tops off.

(Not that I was there of course, but I have seen pictures)

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It was great until......
charles_manson.jpg

.....this bloke came along and spoilt it.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I`ve always liked hippies. I liked them because they used to say 'far out'' and take drugs and although I have never said 'far out' I have enjoyed taking drugs in my time.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What gets me wound up is not so much hippies, its the hippie vans that brighton seems to have more than its fair share, and they park there beat up old converted post van or whatever right out my front fecking window and leave it there for weeks............. :tantrum: Ban the fecking things, Hippies in gas guzzling old vans piss me off, save the earth in one of them fecking things my arse you pricks :tantrum:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What gets me wound up is not so much hippies, its the hippie vans that brighton seems to have more than its fair share, and they park there beat up old converted post van or whatever right out my front fecking window and leave it there for weeks............. :tantrum: Ban the fecking things, Hippies in gas guzzling old vans piss me off, save the earth in one of them fecking things my arse you pricks :tantrum:

Chill man!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This few minutes was the final nail in the hippy dream following closely behind the Sharon Tate murders. What you see around the country these days are travellers not hippies. Too many of you youngsters get it wrong. Real hippies no longer exist.

The Stones were their usual tuneless live selves here, not sure why they have ever been seen as a great live band.

[yt]Dt0ipUCfdlU[/yt]

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Capitalism always needs alternative groups to ridicule so that the victims of capitalism do not feel left out.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
This few minutes was the final nail in the hippy dream following closely behind the Sharon Tate murders. What you see around the country these days are travellers not hippies. Too many of you youngsters get it wrong. Real hippies no longer exist.

The Stones were their usual tuneless live selves here, not sure why they have ever been seen as a great live band.

[yt]Dt0ipUCfdlU[/yt]

The Stones with Mick Taylor were great.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

[yt]Dt0ipUCfdlU[/yt]

I am trying to work out if you are being serious or not here ?
Thats the trouble with going to the pub you lose some perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here