Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hippies/Kebab shops

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There is a pub 1 mile westbound along the A5 leaving M6 at junction 11 called the Spread Eagle. I have driven past it but have no idea what its like but on their website (Spread Eagle - Gailey) they are offering a free drink if you sign up. You could have a look at the reviews and see if its what you want but don't blame me if its no good, i just drive past it and think its probably better than service stations

Not sure if strippers would be his style though ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If you come off at J11 and head East (towards Tamworth) there are a number of options at the next roundabout (less than a mile)

Junction 6 head towards Birmingham and at the next set of lights see the Scott Arms pub diagonally to your right - there are a number of kebab/curry/chip places there guaranteed open on a Sunday evening - 2 minutes back to the motorway past the cheapest petrol station for miles about (132.7p unleaded last night) in case you need to top up

don't know where to find any hippies but I can point you towards a new age traveller type site not far from junction 3 :)

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
Far out! Vegetable rights and peace man, don't dig the kebab groove ... Make love not donner

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm not sure what to believe with all this talk about Klanfield. But surely this can't be right, can it ???

Hippies-signage.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you come off at J11 and head East (towards Tamworth) there are a number of options at the next roundabout (less than a mile)

Junction 6 head towards Birmingham and at the next set of lights see the Scott Arms pub diagonally to your right - there are a number of kebab/curry/chip places there guaranteed open on a Sunday evening - 2 minutes back to the motorway past the cheapest petrol station for miles about (132.7p unleaded last night) in case you need to top up

don't know where to find any hippies but I can point you towards a new age traveller type site not far from junction 3 :)

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know the one I mentioned just off of Junction 7 towards Walsall.

BobbyGreg

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton is plagued with hippies. The council needs to do something about the dusty rodents.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thanks for that. Do you happen to know the one I mentioned just off of Junction 7 towards Walsall.

I do and forgive me I got it wrong - It's junction 7 where you come off towards Birmingham to the Scott Arms (I only go that way once or twice a week for the last ten years so shows how much notice I take!)- if you come off at the same junction and turn 1st left towards Walsall there is a pub with a cheap (but very busy) carvery about 200 yards down on your left (might have finished by the time you get there though) and then a chippy just a bit further down on the dual carriageway on the right. Coming back towards the motorway there is a petrol station which is normally reasonably priced.

To summarise - J7 on the M6 and turn left to Walsall or right to Birmingham and you will get fixed up either way within 400 yards or so and be able to top up with fuel at non-motorway prices.

Go any further south than that and you will struggle to find anything convenient or open on a Sunday night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do and forgive me I got it wrong - It's junction 7 where you come off towards Birmingham to the Scott Arms (I only go that way once or twice a week for the last ten years so shows how much notice I take!)- if you come off at the same junction and turn 1st left towards Walsall there is a pub with a cheap (but very busy) carvery about 200 yards down on your left (might have finished by the time you get there though) and then a chippy just a bit further down on the dual carriageway on the right. Coming back towards the motorway there is a petrol station which is normally reasonably priced.

To summarise - J7 on the M6 and turn left to Walsall or right to Birmingham and you will get fixed up either way within 400 yards or so and be able to top up with fuel at non-motorway prices.

Go any further south than that and you will struggle to find anything convenient or open on a Sunday night.

Thats the stop off on the way home sorted then, many thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This could be going NSC Gold - love it

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here