Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hinsh - New Op

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sad news I am afraid, Adam Hinshelwood had ANOTHER Op on his knee earlier this week. Expected to be out for a further six-nine months.

Out of contract in the summer I believe so that could well be it for him.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sad news I am afraid, Adam Hinshelwood had ANOTHER Op on his knee earlier this week. Expected to be out for a further six-nine months.

Out of contract in the summer I believe so that could well be it for him.

:(

Yep, time to cut adrift, we can't afford to carry full time sick notes under the current financial circumstances.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He was given the extra year's contract to see if he healed enough to be able to play. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though it's going to happen. A great shame.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's devastating news for the lad. He must be absolutely gutted.

I'd like to see the club offer him another year. 6-9 months would take us up to the start of the new season, or early Autumn, and a fully-fit Hinsh would be a tremendous asset to the club. Well worth a punt IMHO.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

I'd like to see the club offer him another year. 6-9 months would take us up to the start of the new season, or early Autumn, and a fully-fit Hinsh would be a tremendous asset to the club. Well worth a punt IMHO.

His contract runs out at the end of June. Do you mean another year from then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Can't agree, he certainly has looked as good as any player to come through the youth set up when fit, but he's been out for most of that last two seasons and now you want to give him another season when he needs yet another op? A fully fit Hinsh is not gonna happen is it?

The club has treated him well but the money should now be spent elsewhere, once his contract expires, which of course we should honour.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Really sad news for the lad.
I think it,s time, not only for the Albion to say..."no more"....but also for Hinsh to realise that being able to walk for the next 50 years of his life, is more important than a game of football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't agree, he certainly has looked as good as any player to come through the youth set up when fit, but he's been out for most of that last two seasons and now you want to give him another season when he needs yet another op? A fully fit Hinsh is not gonna happen is it?

The club has treated him well but the money should now be spent elsewhere, once his contract expires, which of course we should honour.

I shouldn't imagine he's on that much money. I'd rather get shot of Mayo and OGH and use the money to take one more year's gamble on Hinsh. There are well-documented cases of players with seemingly-unfixable knee injuries coming back to play on strong as ever, for example Ricardo Fuller, and Hinsh has time on his side. I honestly believe it's a gamble worth taking. Tho nobody could blame the club for letting him go. Desperately sad situation.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I shouldn't imagine he's on that much money. I'd rather get shot of Mayo and OGH and use the money to take one more year's gamble on Hinsh. There are well-documented cases of players with seemingly-unfixable knee injuries coming back to play on strong as ever, for example Ricardo Fuller, and Hinsh has time on his side. I honestly believe it's a gamble worth taking. Tho nobody could blame the club for letting him go. Desperately sad situation.

he was a regular, an d arguablhy our best player in the championship until he got injured, plus an england under 21. id imagine he would be on a fair bit

got to let him go im afraid - a shame really, but his family does have a history of knee problems

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Poor bugger, the curse of the Hinshlewoods strikes again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His contract runs out in June , which is 6 of the 9 months since the latest operation. I would extend his present contract for 6 months, with a further 2 year option if he recovers, which will take him up to Christmas next season and set 31st December 2008 as the deadline to make a decisiion one way or the other. Of the 9 months 6 he is under contract and 2 are out of season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its a disaster for him personally, the guy was on the fringes of the U21 set up, and was definitely the best prospect we had at the time, but we will have paid him for two to three years and got very few games out of him so sadly its a horrible situation. My view is that we have paid out so much on him anyway so what is the harm in inviting him back into pre season training on a month by month contract? Little financial exposure and an outside chance that he may make it. Can't see any harm in that. That said I wouldn't be surprised if he himself called it a day now. Must be awful for him.

larus

His contract runs out in June , which is 6 of the 9 months since the latest operation. I would extend his present contract for 6 months, with a further 2 year option if he recovers, which will take him up to Christmas next season and set 31st December 2008 as the deadline to make a decisiion one way or the other. Of the 9 months 6 he is under contract and 2 are out of season.

No brainer really. Le's hope the club take the same view.

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
This very sad. I spoke to Adam at the Seagulls Party last year and he was so positive.

Our thoughts are with you Adam. You are a very talented player and we are all keeping our fingers crossed for you.

EW

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
That family is jinxed, so much talent yet hardly any have made it to a full term playing career

It is tragic for the lad, don't write him off yet though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Some players are just jinxed and sadly Adam is 1 of them......let him go now and use his wages towards another player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here