Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hinsh - New Op

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Should definetly retire, that way he won't have any everlasting damage to his walking through-out his life.

Be wise Hinsh.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It really is such a shame - he proved when he was playing a couple of years ago what a fantastic player he was and could have become - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he's the best player the youth system has produced out of the many we've had in recent seasons. His partnership with Butters was fantastic.

Sadly, however, he is clearly not going to ever be truly fit and he's missed out on 2 crucial years of development - personally I'd give him one more chance (ie a contract until December) because if he can get fit and playing he will be a great player for us whatever level we are next season - but otherwise he has to go.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
give him a 3-6 month contract next year to see if he can get fit again. Can't release him only for him to come back fit at another club

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Very sad news for a promising youngster,however the evidence shows little chance of a League career and as already stated more than a possibility of him damaging his long time health.
The club have been very patience, but it looks as if he must look at another career which I hope will be successful.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
And such a decent guy as well. Was a superb guest at Seagulls over London, polite, modest and unassuming. And always ready for a friendly chat at Withdean.

A great talent, who was surely going to get even better. Maybe he really has now reached the point of no return. Very sad.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
give him a 3-6 month contract next year to see if he can get fit again. Can't release him only for him to come back fit at another club
Are we just going to keep doing this for the rest of his life?

This is shit news no doubt, Hinsh is a talented player, but you have to draw the line at some point, sad as it may be.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:down: That has taken a shine off the three points. I feel absolutely gutted, which is probably less than 10% of what Hinsh is feeling. Imagine having what you have dreamt of doing, snatched away from you? :nono:

I do think we could at least offer him a route back into football. I can't imagine that he would be on a great deal and I am sure it would pay dividends. Football loyalty is few and far between in the game and if we can make that extra effort to look after our own players, then we might extend our reputation as being a decent employer which will help attract players.

Best of luck Hinsh and I dearly hope we are able to see you play in the stripes again one day.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Very sad. Potentially the best product of our very good youth system of recent years (I certainly rated him above Harding and Virgo).

Even if not given a new contract, the club should offer it's full resources to help rehabilitate him.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think he and the club need to decide on the basis of expert medical advice (not ours :lol:)

If the advice is positive, then perhaps a few months to train etc.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Is there an article anywhere on this?

I really hope he can get back fit and playing again - even if it's not with us.

What I can't believe is people are talking of retirement, he's still young and it must have been his dream to play football professionally - he can't just give that up:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here