Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough

fattyjohn

Jun 17, 2011
north roedean
The cut off times for the the inquiry was 15.16 , that means 95 were dead at 15.16 ,that is rubbish,kevin williams was alive and in a WPC's arms after this time ,she lied in her statement and said he was dead , she later left the police force and told the truth something which her former employers encouraged her not to do,anne williams has been campaigning tirelessly to get justice for her son and the survivors .As a survivor i for one will be very pleased when the real truth is out so people will know that i was not to blame ,there was one ambulance that made it into the stadium,the rest were left outside why ?,i arrived late ,not because i never had a ticket but because of road works ,there certainly wasn't a smell of alcohol in the air, and no way was there any of the robbing etc that the SCUM said went on ,kelvin mckenzie is a snake and should never be employed again.If that happened the SCUM would have had no qualms about declaring the evidence and where they got it from,the forthcoming release of papers will hopefully show how many lies were told and i can say told you so ,or words to that effect.Try adding Anne Williams as a friend on facebook some very interesting reading on her page

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For the life of me I haven't a clue as to what people expect these papers to reveal other than some ill informed comments made around a cabinet table before a full inquiry had established the sequence of events. As for those goons rallying the tory cause, you seem to have forgotten that the incident happened on their watch and wasn't the inquiry under their term yet they didn't release the cabinet papers then either.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The cut off times for the the inquiry was 15.16 , that means 95 were dead at 15.16 ,that is rubbish,kevin williams was alive and in a WPC's arms after this time ,she lied in her statement and said he was dead , she later left the police force and told the truth something which her former employers encouraged her not to do,anne williams has been campaigning tirelessly to get justice for her son and the survivors .As a survivor i for one will be very pleased when the real truth is out so people will know that i was not to blame ,there was one ambulance that made it into the stadium,the rest were left outside why ?,i arrived late ,not because i never had a ticket but because of road works ,there certainly wasn't a smell of alcohol in the air, and no way was there any of the robbing etc that the SCUM said went on ,kelvin mckenzie is a snake and should never be employed again.If that happened the SCUM would have had no qualms about declaring the evidence and where they got it from,the forthcoming release of papers will hopefully show how many lies were told and i can say told you so ,or words to that effect.Try adding Anne Williams as a friend on facebook some very interesting reading on her page

Does the report actually say all 95 were dead at 15:16? Does it say that everyone was drunk? Does it say that everyone was ticketless?
Sympathy that you were there but don't fall into the trap of making generalisations just based on yourself.

fattyjohn

Jun 17, 2011
north roedean
Does the report actually say all 95 were dead at 15:16? Does it say that everyone was drunk? Does it say that everyone was ticketless?
Sympathy that you were there but don't fall into the trap of making generalisations just based on yourself.

Not based on myself ,its based on what was happening and going on around ,and also afterwards walking out and through the streets

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
What Mckenzie said....................
There was a surge of Liverpool fans - TRUE
who had been drinking TRUE
and that is what caused the disaster. DEBATABLE

In concluding many people feel that Taylor was well received in the first instance ( i.e. the Interim Report) because there seemed to be a real acknowledgement of the breakdown of police control. Perhaps it was politically expedient in the early days after the disaster when feelings were running so high to appear to be giving the people what they wanted. However, it clearly ended there. The Final Report was a shift away from away from the cause of the disaster and ever since families have been trying to regain the ground lost between the Interim Report and the present day.

I think that the families would like to know why the gates in the fence at the leppings end remained closed when the Police officers saw with their own eyes women and children being crushed.
As to that scumbag who edited the s** he also said that LFC supporters were looting the bodies of the dead and pissing on the corpses.
It a personal thing, and the families each have their own reasons for the truth to be told. As an ex PO with Sussex Police I find it unimaginable that fellow officers stood by doing nothing.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I think its a bit pointless arguing facts as not one of us really does know the truth, i think i know what i believe but i cant believe it until i see the facts. Tbh i dont think that day will ever come

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Liverpool MP Steve Rotheram has called on the prime minister to apologise for a previous Conservative government's handling of the Hillsborough Disaster.

Mr Rotheram has been opening the House of Commons debate over the release of documents relating to the disaster, in which 96 Liverpool fans died.

He said he wanted David Cameron to apologise for "the mistakes" and the "mishandling of the whole tragedy".

Mr Rotheram went on to name all 96 victims.

Responding to his remarks, Home Secretary Theresa May said she would do everything in her power to make sure the families and public would get the truth.

No documents would be kept from the independent panel, she said

BBC News - Call for Prime Minister to apologise over Hillsborough

hmmmm

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Is kind of what I feel about it. Who knows, maybe there is going to be some kind of bombshell, but all I can see happening is confirmation that the police superintendent in charge on the day made a decision that proved to be catastrophically wrong. I'm sure he didn't make it with any kind of malevolent intent, it was just an on the spot call made in the face of serious crushing developing outside, but it was, ultimately, badly thought out and brought about the scenario of people being crushed inside. There were other factors, which no doubt prompted the decision by Duckenfield, but the call to open the gates turned a potential disaster into an actual one.

What else is expected to come out of this, out of interest?

Nothing can change what happened that fateful day but if no-one has got anything to hide, why not let the info come out. If it does reveal a bombshell, which maybe was covered up then it was worth it. If it only reveals what we already know but it can help the families of those who lost loved ones move on, its worth it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If the relatives get some closure out of it then great but I am not sure what they are hoping to get out of this.

The Taylor report blamed an operational Police decision and an antiquated stadium and directly led to billions being spent on new and improved stadiums in the twenty odd years since.

Easy for me to say, but unless something sensational comes out of the released papers then I think it is time to let it lie.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
The thing that annoys me about the Taylor report only his second report was published his first was not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i confidently predict whatever is released it will not be the end of the matter, we will have it dragged on for another few years.

i do wonder why the PM should apologise, Rotheram's making comparisons to Bloody Sunday is new levels of victimhood.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Watching the debate on tv on BBC parliament at the moment I must admit I'm very disappointed that the are only about 20 MP's in the commons

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Easy for me to say, but unless something sensational comes out of the released papers then I think it is time to let it lie.

And therein lies a point, easy for you to say.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think the facts in this disaster are pretty clear. The game kicked off with many fans still not in the ground. Some of those fans were sober and had tickets. Some of those fans were drunk without tickets. Some of the police made bad decisions (under some pressure) and got things wrong. Some of the police made good decisions (also under pressure) and helped the situation. Subsequently their has been attempts by all parties (fans and police) to cover up some of the things that went wrong. Thats what people tend to do when they have done something wrong. Ask any child or politician.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here