Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough Memorial day today

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re writing of history, please. The Police lost control but are you denying any contributory factor from some of the so called fans! As I stated before, the Police should have cordoned of the approaches which they failed to do and which, as I understood, they had done on previous occassions. That would have prevented ticketless fans getting anywhere near hillsborough.

You are an apologist for loutish behaviour.

I am denying that any contributory factor from some of the 'so called fans'. If Lord Chief Justice Taylor does, I will too.

Remain in with your head in the sand if you will, but please do it somewhere else where your inappropriate ignorance might be better appreciated. I do find your appalling re-writing of history quite distasteful.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Police lost control

Unfortunately they are paid to control crowds, and therefore failed in their job totally.

Even when people were dying, they were still trying to keep them in the pens, it was a lack of leadership, intelligence and humanity on their part.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was watching the events unfold on the TV 20 years ago , a sad day for football. All it takes is one wrong decision and then it snowballs out of control with tragic consequences.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The thing is, it isn't/wasn't loutish behaviour to see the pitch, realise kick-off was near, and try and get to the terrace as quick as possible. It was normal behaviour, a normal reaction, and any police who knew what they were doing would be experienced in the situation and know this.

They would also know that some fans would try to gain entry without a ticket, thereby creating a risk of overcrowding, and act accordingly ie not open gates and let them, and others, in. Sadly, these policemen didn't seem to realise any of these obvious things.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Who goes to a football match when they haven't got a ticket ?
Why was anyone there if they did not have the wherewithal (ie a ticket) to get in to the match ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thick scousers on the off-chance of getting in? Thick scousers who think they might be able to break in?

I don't see why Liverpool are seen as the tragic victim of all this. The people who died/were injured are rightly seen as that, but their killers in my opinion were their fellow fans.

You are a f***ing idiot-an ill informed, opinionated idiot spouting shite about something you clearly know f*** all about.

Maybe you should actually find out what happened before posting such bollocks.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Thick scousers on the off-chance of getting in? Thick scousers who think they might be able to break in?

I don't see why Liverpool are seen as the tragic victim of all this. The people who died/were injured are rightly seen as that, but their killers in my opinion were their fellow fans.

as a swindon fan im probably not that welcome on here but can i just say that is a f***ing joke, maybe take some time to find out what happened. Anyone old enough to have stood on terraces will know that they have been in near identical situations, as a young boy i remember being swept off my feet on the stratton bank at the county ground by the crowd surge and i will never forget the look of terror on my fathers face as long as i live.

The memorial moved me to tears this afternoon, a tragic waste of life. RIP.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Incompetant police + Liverpool fans = recipe for disaster.

Obviously a tragedy for the innocent people who lost their lives needlessly, but you've got to question the TICKETLESS scousers for turning up in the first place.

More bollocks from a Manc lover.

Obviously Mancs never turn up for a big game without tickets do they?

If you engage your brain and find out what happened you will find out that the number of fans without tickets was nothing out of the ordinary for a big club playing a cup semi final. What caused the deaths of 96 people was incompetence on the part of the police, at all levels-herding everybody who was still outside into the ground into an area that was way over-crowded 30 minutes before they channelled more fans in there. Not to mention not opening the gates to the side 'pens' which were less crowded and would have allowed the crush to spread out, becoming less dangerous. There was no evidence of Liverpool fans storming turnstiles or breaking down gates-except when they were trying to stop themselves dying in a crush caused by the police.

96 football fans died you moron.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Notice you still don't mention that fans without tickets trying to get in were a contributory factor.

Can you please point us to the evidence that it was then ?

Don't bother looking in the Taylor Report, because he came to the conclusion it wasn't.

( or possibly you have a different interpretation, you're quite good at that...)

As for "re-writing history", well I think you'd give a few leaders of the USSR a run for their money.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Can you show us the evidence please. I sure you are old enough to remember it very well and perhaps you could offer some insight that many official reports and Judges have failed to find Sherlock.

You see, when you post lies about how people died, it really is right and proper that.

1) It's pointed out to you

2) Everyone who doesn't know is informed you are talking bollocks.

Thanks

( or just like your friend above, just continue making it up as you go along.... )

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

TCB, it wasn't like that, honest. I'm not saying that the behaviour of the fans is beyond reproach, but to say that it was fans killing fans is WAY out of line.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Just watched the 'Hillsborough remembered' on History Channel - It touched me.
RIP.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Heysel was totally avoidable and was due to the pure hooliganism of the some liverpool fans but i do believe Hillsborough was more police related than fans they failed to control the liverpool fans thus causing fans to pile into the stadium understandable as they had travelled hours to see there team and were obviously desperate to get in if the police/stewards had done there jobs this would NOT Of happened
END OF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here