Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hillsborough do we show support at the next match?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would say its possible that if BHAFC did anthing on Friday it could be taken as a dig against SW as a club, not its supporters but the club on the basis that the wholey inadequate stadium of Hillsborough is being cited as the 1st reason for the tradegy and the suggestion that money came before safety.

Leave it alone I say

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would say its possible that if BHAFC did anthing on Friday it could be taken as a dig against SW as a club, not its supporters but the club on the basis that the wholey inadequate stadium of Hillsborough is being cited as the 1st reason for the tradegy and the suggestion that money came before safety.

Leave it alone I say

Agreed.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
No offence, but could we not please concentrate on the MATCH instead? If we must have a pointless and unnecessary tribute of some kind, can we get it out of the way before the game.

Pointless or unnecessary? This happened at Sheffield Wednesday Ground, the team we are playing on Friday. Two days after this Report has finally came out and the Truth has finally been found. This happened to football fans who were like you and I. Supporting their team at the FA-Cup Semi Final, one of the biggest days in the Footballing Calendar. What happened there we should never forget, 96 fans didn't come home. This is more then Football, this is life itself. A minute applause at the 6th Minute, would be a fitting tribute. Have you been to Hillsborough? it still feels extremely haunting going there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And Gully's Girls could make way for "Gully's Grief". Before each game they re-enact the scene of a famous person's death and then it ends with a little funeral with empty coffins carried by local schoolchildren in the undeveloped bit between the East and North Stands. The Mourners in the Corner.

I think if we started with something light and amusing like Rod Hull's death to start off with and then build up at the end of the season to something really special like the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.
That's a lovely idea.

Perhaps every week, we could mourn someone or something loosely connected with the opposition, but in reality bugger all to do with them. Birmingham are up next - perhaps Gully's Grief could mourn Jasper Carrott? Is he dead yet? Either way, are there any pillocks out there who fancy contacting the club to make them have a minute's applause or something? Why not make it 5 minutes?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
And Gully's Girls could make way for "Gully's Grief". Before each game they re-enact the scene of a famous person's death and then it ends with a little funeral with empty coffins carried by local schoolchildren in the undeveloped bit between the East and North Stands. The Mourners in the Corner.

I think if we started with something light and amusing like Rod Hull's death to start off with and then build up at the end of the season to something really special like the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

Oi !!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That's a lovely idea.

Perhaps every week, we could mourn someone or something loosely connected with the opposition, but in reality bugger all to do with them. Birmingham are up next - perhaps Gully's Grief could mourn Jasper Carrott? Is he dead yet? Either way, are there any pillocks out there who fancy contacting the club to make them have a minute's applause or something? Why not make it 5 minutes?

In fact being Brighton and associated with MODS we could have a formation funky moped display at halftime in reverence to Jaspers hit song. Thats if he is actually dead.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pointless or unnecessary? This happened at Sheffield Wednesday Ground, the team we are playing on Friday. Two days after this Report has finally came out and the Truth has finally been found. This happened to football fans who were like you and I. Supporting their team at the FA-Cup Semi Final, one of the biggest days in the Footballing Calendar. What happened there we should never forget, 96 fans didn't come home. This is more then Football, this is life itself. A minute applause at the 6th Minute, would be a fitting tribute. Have you been to Hillsborough? it still feels extremely haunting going there.

Yes I've been to Hillsborough, thanks. I went there to watch football though, not lay a wreath.

Don't bother laying that faux-grief emotional blackmail nonsense at me, either. I've shown my respects to the 96 innocents who died plenty of times in the aftermath of the disaster, and on anniversaries since, and I've contributed financially to the justice campaigns. I lived in Liverpool for 4 years, arriving there in September 1989, when understandably this was a very raw and emotive subject. I met a lot of people up there who I still counts as freinds, and who had been directly affected by the tradgedy. I know all about showing respect, thanks.

Interupting a completely random football match 250 miles away, 23 years later, with a minutes APPLAUSE (who are you APPLAUDING by the way?) is not showing respect. Its mawkish nonsense, designed to make you feel important or involved. Leave it alone.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We need goal music. "Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks always gets me blubbing so I reckon that's a sure fire winner. And white doves, lots of white doves. In fact paint some of the doves blue so that it's a sea of blue and white whenever we score or Hoskins goes down injured.

And we could hire some Middle Eastern looking women to start wailing if Harley starts ahead of Vicente. Forget Richie Reynolds, we need someone with gravitas to read the teamsheet out solemnly. I'm thinking of one of the Dimblebys.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

But we are playing Sheffield Wednesday not Hillsborough that fateful match was nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday as a club as such it because its the ground which was chosen by the FA to host the FA Cup Semi Final, they didn't chose it because of who plays there they chose it because it a big ground, and maybe if the FA put safety before money at the time they would never have allowed the match to be played there.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Yes I've been to Hillsborough, thanks. I went there to watch football though, not lay a wreath.

Don't bother laying that faux-grief emotional blackmail nonsense at me, either. I've shown my respects to the 96 innocents who died plenty of times in the aftermath of the disaster, and on anniversaries since, and I've contributed financially to the justice campaigns. I lived in Liverpool for 4 years, arriving there in September 1989, when understandably this was a very raw and emotive subject. I met a lot of people up there who I still counts as freinds, and who had been directly affected by the tradgedy. I know all about showing respect, thanks.

Interupting a completely random football match 250 miles away, 23 years later, with a minutes APPLAUSE (who are you APPLAUDING by the way?) is not showing respect. Its mawkish nonsense, designed to make you feel important or involved. Leave it alone.

Get off your f***ing high horse will you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Have you been to Hillsborough? it still feels extremely haunting going there.
I've been there. I went to see Sheff Wed play Oldham with 36,000 others at the top of div 2 in 1990 not long after it happened, and the bars were all still present, bent and twisted, and the entire terrace covered in tarpaulin. That was "extremely haunting".

You acting like a tiresome muppet trying to get involved and making yourself feel important despite not even being born when the incident happened, does not mean it is haunting now. Just drop it FFS. It's got nothing to do with any of us. There is far too much mawkish, seriously misplaced shite on this forum these days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Get off your f***ing high horse will you.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Moron.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

This wasn't supposed to be a slanging match, but an honest question! All of English football was effected by this day you only have to look around at our new stadium to see the impact. And my question was more directed at the Liverpool football community who have final got justice, after being lied to by the police for so long.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If we were going to mark anything on Friday (and I'm not necessarily saying we should) surely Robert Eaton would be more relevant?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here