Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highest profile Albion signings

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Signings that have made you go 'blimey' since you started watching the Albion?

Savage, Kitson, Beasant, Claridge...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Jonny Dixon?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Terry Connor, can remember being excited at the prospect of seeing him play...was also pretty chuffed when we signed Whingy, for a player from a team playing at a higher level to want to come to the Albion suggested that we might be turning the proverbial corner.

Plus the signing of OGH, I wanted to know how we had managed to raise that thousand quid as we were more than potless at the time and I don't think we had paid any sort of fee for several years until then.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Martin Chivers, Frank Worthington, Don Shanks

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Frank Stapleton

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
russel bromage

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Aiden NewHORSE

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...mind you, the signing of Paul Kitson seemed pretty good at the time, if only we had realised that his medical bills would nearly bankrupt the club.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
When Bobby Smith signed for Albion in 1964 it was the equivilant of Shearer leaving Newcastle and joining us straight away. I believe Smith had played for England less than a year before.

The news came as a bolt out of the blue - I can still remember when I heard - I was queuing outside the old North Road Baths for after school swimming practice. First crowd at the Goldstone to watch him was over 20,000 and that was about the season's average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here