Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

High Court dates confirmed - LDC press release

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not necessarily. LDC might be told to "shut up, sit down"

Curious Orange said:
We already know the result. The decision will have to be re-considered by Ruth Kelly's department.
Exactly!

This is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND PUBLIC MONEY. The only issue is how much of the costs will have to be paid by Lewes District council tax payers.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Lord Bracknell said:
Exactly!

This is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND PUBLIC MONEY. The only issue is how much of the costs will have to be paid by Lewes District council tax payers.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

so what is the chance that the high court will throw our decision out???

Halftime Oranges said:
so what is the chance that the high court will throw our decision out???
The Government have already conceded that the issue of the built up area has been incorrectly dealt with.

Therefore the answer to your question is that it is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT CERTAIN that the Court will refer the matter back to the Secretary of State.

Lewes District Council are simply trying to delay a decision that could have been taken WEEKS AGO, without the need for a Court hearing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So we'll hear about Easter time then? :(

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If we don't get the stadium I will add Labour to the list of parties I would never vote for, adding them to the Tories, BNP and UKIP, as they will be just as bad as all those right wing fascists.

In fact we are reaching the stage where only the Green Party will be worth voting for, and there is little chance of them agreeing to us building a stadium

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
They are delaying it in the hope that BHA will go bust in the meantime so that it all ends there....well LDC in the words of Rage Against The Machine:

"No matter how hard you try you cant stop us now"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bet you any money LDC throw the old 'our solicitor cannot make those dates due to an unmoveable prior commitment' stunt and get the hearing put back six months. Same stunt they pulled towards the end of the Inquiry last time. Betcha.

Luckily the march on the Lib Dem Conference takes place before then, so with a bit of luck they might be furiously back-pedalling by December

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
god yeah Harky...we simply MUST have a March at their gig...even if its not in the best interests of the club they dont speak for our free right to show our dissent!

sullyupthewing said:
I posted this link once before on another thread, if anyone is interested it's worth a look.
It's Earthrights who have had something to do with FPC in the past?
http://www.earthrights.org.uk/legalbriefing.html
Yep. Charlie Hopkins, the author of that page, was the solicitor representing Falmer Parish Council at the two Public Inquiries.

inq2_008.thumb.jpg

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Dont worry eventually Lewes District Council and the Liberal Democrates will fall very hard indeed. At the moment 95% has gone their way come Feb of 2007 the following will happen:-

The argumants against Falmer will be quoshed. Lewes District will finally have to give up.

Members of Lewes District Council will be named and shamed ,lets make sure that everyone in the whole of Sussex knows how much has been wasted on such a pointless point. Lets not drop it even when it is finished.

The Liberal Democrates image will badly damaged.

Last edited:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
what happens when THIS decision is made?

is there a course of appeal open to ANY party?
if so i can see this dragging on (not like it hasn't already like)

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
The only possible upside is that delays make it easier for the Seagulls Party to dent the (un)LibDumbs polls in the local elections. 'Mon the Seagulls Party:clap:

Just hope all those people knocking the club, the squad and the manager wake to how much the lack of a decision is hurting the club.:down:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Guinness Dave said:

well?

anyone know? ???

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
Guinness Dave said:

I thought as the Lord Bracknell stated, whatever happens its ~100% retursn to being a Government decision. Anything else would be unprecented in law and therefore we would have a strong case to overturn any overturn. This is completely the LibDumbs strategy of trying to make us go bust or be franchised before the final Yes is given.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Albaman said:
I thought as the Lord Bracknell stated, whatever happens its ~100% retursn to being a Government decision. Anything else would be unprecented in law and therefore we would have a strong case to overturn any overturn. This is completely the LibDumbs strategy of trying to make us go bust or be franchised before the final Yes is given.

I remember being told that the decision going to a second public enquiry, there was no chance of high court...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ccider said:
How long after the hearing will it be before the Judges decision is made?

:down:

3 or 4 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here