Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

High Court dates confirmed - LDC press release

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
seagullsovergrimsby said:
What is the betting the LDC solicitor has a skiing holiday booked for the beginning of December ? I reckon personally the decision from the judge wont be until the beginning of the new year at the earliest giving Ruth Kelly three months to make a decision announcement just before the 2007 local elections.

I'm sure LDC would like him to. However, this is the High Court we are dealing with here, and not just a planning inquiry, so I think if he were to be on holiday the case would just go on without him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That will save the taxpayers some money as indirectly they will be paying for his holiday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The High court could advise him that if he wanted to take a holiday that he would have to take AdV with him. Just imagine, somewhere in the Swiss Alps all those Albion fans (who have chartered a tourbus), singing "jump around if you want Falmer" to cause an avalanche when she is on the black run.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Colbourne Kid said:
The reality of all this and the most likely outcome is that Lewes will find some way to accept the Government's agreement letter at the last minute thereby preventing the court case and saving an awards of costs against them.

They will however, by then, have delayed this another 5 months. Their whole strategy is based on delay in the hope that the Club goes bust.

There is no way they will go to court.
Unfortunately Richard, I suspect this could well be the case. They will make utter fools of themselves in court. Any future challenges will be just as spurious and irrelevant.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Brovian said:
What you say is true, which is why LDC use delaying tactics: not discussing Stadium matters at the first available opportunity and getting their solicitor to have 'unbreakable committments' being but two. Also don't forget they are getting fighting funds from other sources such as FPC and various tree-hugger groups.

However I do believe that as long as we keep at it we WILL win, but it ain't going to be over any time soon.

I agree, but let's not forget, LDC's pit is not bottomless. Neither is the Albion's I here you say, but it's a lot deeper and renewable than LDC's....!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon if enough LDC constituents were to contact LDC asking well in advance for confirmation that none of LDC key players would be unavailable for the court dates due to 'immoveable prior commitments', then they may well be forced to drop that particular time-wasting tactic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here