Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey Guys, I got a Job

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thought I would share the good news, many of you know me and that I have been out of the workplace for sometime, after the loss of my daughter. Times have been sometimes crap, but those times have been getting less and a few months back I decided that me and the drink just had to stop. Its taken better men than me before there time. Anyway, its 50 days sober today and I have also secured a part time job in a field that I have great deal of experience so am a pretty happy bunny. Just thought I would share that as I have had lots of support from my many friends here, thanks to you all

Very well done indeed ... I can't even begin to imagine how hard a slog it's been but without doubt a gutsy performance. Hope things continue to improve for you

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Sounds like you've come through real struggles, Well done to you for picking yourself out what may have been a easy gutter to stay in.

I hope you are proud of yourself.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
And i guess it also goes to show im not on the shelf at 58

58, you're only just starting my man, well done on facing up to the challenges put before you. This can't have been an easy period of your life and here's to a bright future and hat's off to a very strong man.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Thanks again all, I did also want to add, that at the two interviews I had I had the quandary of shall I be totally honest about the past few years etc. I was and indeed I thought it may have been a thanks but no thanks! As it turned out not only did I get the position (working with Acquired Brain Injury) but also now have been assured of a start if i want it after school holidays as a TA in special needs. So if asked does honesty pay? well in this case it did.

Can I say to all those of you either currently seeking work, or on the road to that place, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Cheers

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Congratulations [on the job] and keep looking upwards. I'm sure your daughter would be very proud of you [and your recent achievements].

I quit alcohol on 31/12/07, and I don't regret it for a moment. I'll raise an orange juice to you this evening.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Congratulations [on the job] and keep looking upwards. I'm sure your daughter would be very proud of you [and your recent achievements].

I quit alcohol on 31/12/07, and I don't regret it for a moment. I'll raise an orange juice to you this evening.

Cheers, I quit for 5 years in 1996-2001 but picked one up and.....rests history...so am focussing day at a time. take care

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here