Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey Guys, I got a Job

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Thought I would share the good news, many of you know me and that I have been out of the workplace for sometime, after the loss of my daughter. Times have been sometimes crap, but those times have been getting less and a few months back I decided that me and the drink just had to stop. Its taken better men than me before there time. Anyway, its 50 days sober today and I have also secured a part time job in a field that I have great deal of experience so am a pretty happy bunny. Just thought I would share that as I have had lots of support from my many friends here, thanks to you all

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well done Geoff.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Good work, Mr Highway.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Thought I would share the good news, many of you know me and that I have been out of the workplace for sometime, after the loss of my daughter. Times have been sometimes crap, but those times have been getting less and a few months back I decided that me and the drink just had to stop. Its taken better men than me before there time. Anyway, its 50 days sober today and I have also secured a part time job in a field that I have great deal of experience so am a pretty happy bunny. Just thought I would share that as I have had lots of support from my many friends here, thanks to you all

Congratulations on the new job and well done you - wish I could give it up (or at least rein it in a bit)

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Congrats. I'm not in a dissimilar boat when it comes to jobs and things can get very dark at times.

Very well done pal

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I have a daughter myself, so I can imagine how hard it must have been for you to
overcome such loss and the addiction to alcohol. It takes a lot of will power
and strength to recover from something as horrible as that.

I don't know you, but you sound like an all right fellow; I'm delighted to hear that
the future is looking bright for you again and congratulations on finding a good job.
Best of luck.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
well done mate , take it all one day at a time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here