Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey, did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
She destroyed the social fabric of this country but HB&B still fancies her so that's alright then.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
She came a long way from being known as "Dim Little Maggie" at Grantham High School for Girls, sadly she continued to be dim enough that her vision of an era of prudence and responsibility (yes the 80s) never did come to pass.
Remember the 'trickle down effect' - even if it worked the idea was that the very rich would spend their extra money buying local goods and possibly employing more servants, or even paying them a living wage - reality was generally buying another bmw and flying the highly subsidised concorde to the US. the only money that made its way back into the economy was the (admittedly significant) amount spent on coke.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
From Miranda Sawyer:
It’s the expression that does it. Meryl Streep, a brilliant actress, has pinpointed Margaret Thatcher’s “mother knows best” look. The one she used with interviewers, ministers, royalty, Reagan.
The one that reduced almost every man she met into a pant-moistening little boy, thrilled and scared and oops-I-need-the-toilet all at once.

She was mummy, nanny and matron all rolled into one exciting package: exciting, that is, if you had once been a sad little 12-year- old, sent away to an all-male boarding school.

Ripped from the bosom of their real mother as children, as adults such public schoolboys were attracted to the bust substitute – the bustitute – of Margaret Thatcher.

They knew she might take their eye out with her pointy bra, mind, but then she was the Iron Lady.

Just as some women can’t resist bad boys, some men can’t resist bully-birds. Maggie was a quintessential bully-bird, a force of nature without sympathy for anyone weaker, or less advantaged, or not as sure of themselves.

A woman who would grab a bull by the horns, make it cry and then force it to blow its nose properly into a hanky.

Weak little Tory boys, married to quiet mice from the Shires, found her masculine femininity utterly irresistible.

Thatcher reduced incorrigible flirts like Alan Clark to jelly, made Willy Whitelaw quake in his soft shoes. No doubt she made a young David Cameron want to cry, in a funny way that he couldn’t tell his mum about.

Even Jon Snow, that most formidable of interviewers, confessed last week he could “never quite forget that she was a woman”.

He told how she would tap him imperiously on the knee as she informed him what a stupid question he had asked. “She was very early into Lycra tights,” he remembered. “They screamed as she crossed and uncrossed her legs.”

They were right to.

May well have nailed HB&B on that.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
She looks even more like her Spitting Image dummy than the Spitting Image dummy.

spitting-image_1652599c.jpg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Old now she may be, but she probably still has more intelligence today that the bulk if not all of the members of the Government's cabinet. A remarkable lady in my view.
Exactly

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
How odd that her daughter was not invited to her birthday celebration.

that must be SUCH a happy family

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She destroyed this country and I for one would happily spit on her grave when she finally carcs it. I tell you one indisputable thing, if the Unions still had power yo uwouldn't have the divide of earnings that exists now. There is no way the unions would have allowed a cleaner in a company to be on 12,000 while a CEO is on Milliions.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
She destroyed this country and I for one would happily spit on her grave when she finally carcs it. I tell you one indisputable thing, if the Unions still had power yo uwouldn't have the divide of earnings that exists now. There is no way the unions would have allowed a cleaner in a company to be on 12,000 while a CEO is on Milliions.

Tell me what you think would have happened had labour won the election in the winter of discontent and the unions were allowed to continue unfettered ?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
She looks wonderful for her age. She still has that maniacal glint in her eye. If only she was still in power today.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tell me what you think would have happened had labour won the election in the winter of discontent and the unions were allowed to continue unfettered ?

The unions needed some regulation , they didn't need a ginger twat with penis envy self admittedly "smashing them" to pieces. I would have though you'd be in favour of unions, the would have stopped all those foreigners you despise from undercutting British worker's wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here