Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heskey

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just goes to show how you can't get a true reflection on the game by watching it on telly. Heskey has been about the only shining light so far. His performance in the first half against the yanks was superb and he was the only **** who looked like he gave a f*** last night.

If you are going to single one person out why not Gerrard who was shit last night? Why not Lampollard? Why not Rooney? Why not Lennon (who was head and shoulder the worst player on the park last night!)? Why not Capello?

***** ***** ***** *****!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'm not a Heskey fan. I don't think he should be in the England team and for a striker, he does not score enough goals (ie the missed sitter vs USA). BUT for all that, he worked bloody hard last night and fought to win us the ball on a number of occasions and I was surprised he was taken off. Deserves to stay in the team possibly behind the front 2 or playing in some capacity a bit deeper.

Stumpy Tim

Why not Lennon (who was head and shoulder the worst player on the park last night!)? Why not Capello?!

That honour went to Rooney in my opinion... he couldn't even control the ball last night. I really don't understand what was wrong with him

I'm not a Heskey fan. I don't think he should be in the England team and for a striker, he does not score enough goals (ie the missed sitter vs USA). BUT for all that, he worked bloody hard last night and fought to win us the ball on a number of occasions and I was surprised he was taken off. Deserves to stay in the team possibly behind the front 2 or playing in some capacity a bit deeper.

He was taken off because we needed a goal, and Heskey never looks like scoring one. Against Slovenia we need goals, and Heskey isn't the man. Never thought I would say it, but we need a greedy f*cker upfront - which means Defoe

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just goes to show how you can't get a true reflection on the game by watching it on telly. Heskey has been about the only shining light so far. His performance in the first half against the yanks was superb and he was the only **** who looked like he gave a f*** last night.

If you are going to single one person out why not Gerrard who was shit last night? Why not Lampollard? Why not Rooney? Why not Lennon (who was head and shoulder the worst player on the park last night!)? Why not Capello?

***** ***** ***** *****!

Amazingly enough this is spot on. The shame is Heskey just lacks the quality to make the most of his hard work. Gerrard, lampard, Lennon were all extraordinarily awful, and yes Cappello has some serious questions to answer.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I feel a little sorry for Heskey on this one.

What did we expect Heskey to be, he did what Heskey does which is worked pretty hard and at times won a few headers and at times look a little cumbersome, what did you expect him to become, prolific goalscorer a tricky winger ?

I think those focusing on this player is letting the Rooney's, Lampards and Gerrards off the hook on this one.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fab is meant to have a reputation as someone who doesnt care who you are, if your not playing well your getting dropped, Time to see if thats true and drop at least 4 or the first team

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yeah lets slate the one player who actually looked bothered and put in effort last night and forget about Rooney, Lampard, Lennon, Gerrard who didn't bother turning up

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Heskey is not about goals he is about the space he creates(when england play half decent)

This is an utterly ridiculous arguement at international level. If you have designs on winning a tournament then a striker needs a lot more strings to his bow than the simple ability to be large and occupy defender's minds.

Call me old fashioned but I like strikers to score goals. And I think you will find that most nations at this tournament plump for this as well.

He's big, wins the flick ons etc etc. I wonder if Spain, Argentina, Germany, Brasil or Italy look for these qualities when considering an international striker?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
This is an utterly ridiculous arguement at international level. If you have designs on winning a tournament then a striker needs a lot more strings to his bow than the simple ability to be large and occupy defender's minds.

Call me old fashioned but I like strikers to score goals. And I think you will find that most nations at this tournament plump for this as well.

He's big, wins the flick ons etc etc. I wonder if Spain, Argentina, Germany, Brasil or Italy look for these qualities when considering an international striker?

Spot on. y
Yes he did put a shift in but at the end of the day we are attempting to win the world cup with a player who can't get in Aston Villas first eleven and then we bring on a sub who can't get in the Man City team either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here