Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

He's coming! Is it a bird, is it a plane......no it's KAZENGA LUALUA

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nope...just some old bint who reckoned she saw Kaz at Gatwick. Don't know if there is anything in it tho.

Oi, less of the "old"....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Indeed....terrible, terrible error on my part...LOL..!

What a coup today for you Edna....must have been just one of those moments you,ll savour for ever.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You are probably one of the many coppers who go to BP for your free hot drink at Gatwick. You must be gutted North terminal is now a Shell.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed....terrible, terrible error on my part...LOL..!

What a coup today for you Edna....must have been just one of those moments you,ll savour for ever.

Well. I heard on here that he might be en route, good old NSC, so I said to the guy I was crewed with that provided we didn't have any other commitments around the time the first NCL flight was due in, I felt a bit of foot patrolling around the South Terminal would be in order. All part of the job, you understand. Strictly professional. He's a football fan- albeit a plastic Manc- and I told him if it was Wesley Sneijder he'd be the same, so he was quite happy to indulge me. Had no idea whether the rumour would turn out to be LOB or not, so you can imagine my pathetic excitement when I saw Dave Lua Lua emerging from the aircraft and performing a cavalcade of backflips across the tarmac.

Alright he just walked off the plane. But anyway as he walked past I chickened out completely, as I generally hate the idea of hassling famous/semi famous people, so my colleague went and asked him if he was in fact the Great One, which obviously he confirmed. Then I thought oh screw it, I would be letting down literally THOUSANDS of people here if I didn't do my duty, so I power-walked up the pier after him and asked him outright if he was signing for Brighton.

To which he replied "Yeah, this afternoon". At which stage I grasped his hand, shook it enthusiastically, some would say like a bit of a goober in fact, wished him IMMENSE luck for the season, accepted his thanks, and retreated humbly to the presence of mere earthlings. And went off to nick some other bloke.

(not before I'd rung several people and updated NSC of course).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You are probably one of the many coppers who go to BP for your free hot drink at Gatwick. You must be gutted North terminal is now a Shell.

Not at all, I can't stand coffee :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You didn't get down on your knees and pray to the Amex Gods, punch the air a bit... kiss anyone that walked by, you know the kind of thing.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A great story Edna........as always....done with expertise and humility.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Edna just to say the post earlier was probably the best on any internet thread EVER....... Sure you have so many people's thanks :thumbsup: Job well done and all that but sure you're over the moon anyway!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Now THAT is what you call community policing.

Well. I heard on here that he might be en route, good old NSC, so I said to the guy I was crewed with that provided we didn't have any other commitments around the time the first NCL flight was due in, I felt a bit of foot patrolling around the South Terminal would be in order. All part of the job, you understand. Strictly professional. He's a football fan- albeit a plastic Manc- and I told him if it was Wesley Sneijder he'd be the same, so he was quite happy to indulge me. Had no idea whether the rumour would turn out to be LOB or not, so you can imagine my pathetic excitement when I saw Dave Lua Lua emerging from the aircraft and performing a cavalcade of backflips across the tarmac.

Alright he just walked off the plane. But anyway as he walked past I chickened out completely, as I generally hate the idea of hassling famous/semi famous people, so my colleague went and asked him if he was in fact the Great One, which obviously he confirmed. Then I thought oh screw it, I would be letting down literally THOUSANDS of people here if I didn't do my duty, so I power-walked up the pier after him and asked him outright if he was signing for Brighton.

To which he replied "Yeah, this afternoon". At which stage I grasped his hand, shook it enthusiastically, some would say like a bit of a goober in fact, wished him IMMENSE luck for the season, accepted his thanks, and retreated humbly to the presence of mere earthlings. And went off to nick some other bloke.

(not before I'd rung several people and updated NSC of course).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks edna, you were always hot in the simpsons :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna just to say the post earlier was probably the best on any internet thread EVER....... Sure you have so many people's thanks :thumbsup: Job well done and all that but sure you're over the moon anyway!

To be fair, in hindsight, the first post was probably total gibberish, but I was just too excited at the time to write anything sensible. So I'm sorry about that. Hasty clarification soon followed once I'd reached the relative safety of the car.

Have we EVER had so many genuinely inspiring signings in the course of such a short space of time before?*

*I should add that if the KLL thing goes tits up now, which doesn't seem likely, I accept no responsibility, as I'm only quoting what the man said to me :wink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cracking story Edna. I do enjoy reading your posts. Glad to see you enforcing stop and search.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A Lua Lua thread now worthy of posting on it seems given this latest development. Top work Edna ! :clap:

Tomorrow can't come soon enough now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here